Share a Cool Tech Tip You developed on your own... (Share It already... ).

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by glmino, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I made a mistake ok @glmino can someone ask him to take me off ignore? Things like this, misunderstandings, people not wanting to talk to me - they make me upset and not want to be here. I've spent the last 15 minutes crying and throwing up from stress. I just want to be LIKED. I can't stand being excluded or not liked.

I didn't mean to ridicule you if I did, and I really was only trying to defend a senior member who was upset.....I was in the wrong and should have kept my nose out of it.

From now on I'm only going to make positive replies and comments.

I want to apologize to the entire forum, especially the OP

Shaytan, brians, squierbilly and 4 others like this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    @glmino

See below from @Guitarmageddon (post #41)

I made a mistake ok @glmino can someone ask him to take me off ignore? Things like this, misunderstandings, people not wanting to talk to me - they make me upset and not want to be here. I've spent the last 15 minutes crying and throwing up from stress. I just want to be LIKED. I can't stand being excluded or not liked.

I didn't mean to ridicule you if I did, and I really was only trying to defend a senior member who was upset.....I was in the wrong and should have kept my nose out of it.

From now on I'm only going to make positive replies and comments.

I want to apologize to the entire forum, especially the OP​

3. glmino

glmino Squier Talker

Nov 11, 2018
    Mars
    Here is another one that only I have ever seen to do!

Take a piece of stranded wire about a foot long like 14 or 16 ga., remove the jacket/insulation, and here it comes...
    After you've shielded the control/pickup cavities, thread a strand through the pass through hole,lift up both ends and twist tie them
    ( this keeps the wire up out of the way ) solder against the shielding where the wire comes up, trim, and you are finished connecting all.
    Mike 20190915_053448.jpg 20190915_053422.jpg

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  4. glmino

glmino Squier Talker

Nov 11, 2018
    Mars
    More on the way, a bit later!

I gotta go relax a bit after the morning I've had!

Mike

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  5. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I tagged you in my post and attempted to apologize....

@glmino but if you have me on ignore you won't see it

I am sorry @glmino

Jim Belaye and mofojar like this.
  6. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    He can't see post 41 because he has me on ignore @Davis Sharp - I think this is going to end up a comedy of errors lol thanks for trying to help....

I think he needs to be told about the 'show ignored content' button at the bottom of the thread @mofojar @Davis Sharp

Jim Belaye likes this.
  7. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Guitarmageddon. You can't see #41 because you've blocked him.

Jim Belaye and drewcp like this.
  8. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I don't know who else is on your ignore list, but Guitarmageddon is one of the "good folks"

This was just a misunderstanding.

brians and Jim Belaye like this.
  9. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Just breathe Ryan, relax. Everything is all right buddy. Don't get to upset about this, you're hurting yourself.
    If the guy is blocking you, it's his lost. He won't have access to your knowledge and experience. Stay cool my friend.

brians, Best1989, Mr Bones and 3 others like this.
  10. glmino

glmino Squier Talker

Nov 11, 2018
    Mars

11. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    Funny
    I was taught to be respectful and when people get condescending....f em

12. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    For those you who don't know, Guitarmageddon has Autism/Asperger syndrome. He has trouble with social relationships.
    He's a good guy, who's always trying to help. But sometimes, his comments can be perceived as negative or not friendly.

13. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    You don't need to Guitarmageddon, you didn't do anything wrong. That guy probably got up on the wrong side of his bed this morning. Don't mind him.

14. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    My mother always said stick tongue into socket before turning on amp. To make sure preamp tubes are getting hit up front with the required power...

Best1989, glmino, DrBeGood and 3 others like this.
  15. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    :D I think some tried that test a few times ...

Jim Belaye likes this.
  16. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

Edited because, well because I couldn't remove it!

17. TimTheViking

You know I have pretty poor eyesight and it's tough for me to see what's going on with a feeler gauge sometimes. I definitely can't feel any resistance from the string and fret. I have to watch for the string to move when I slide the feeler gauge under it. I really like this one. I bet you can also manipulate the feeler gauge when it's close and the meter beep will go on and off. When it doesn't go on and off anymore, you know you're right on.

glmino and LutherBurger like this.
  18. TimTheViking

Keep your chin up, buddy. Those of us who've been around a bit understand you and some of the challenges you have when negativity is thrown your way. You handled it nicely and there's no reason for your apology not to be accepted and all be right in the Squire-Talk world. You're part of it and we need you.

19. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    I know what you mean. I can only see the string move if the lighting is just right. I go mostly by sound, listening for gauge-on-string contact, but I know my hearing ain't gonna last forever.

TimTheViking, Mr Bones and glmino like this.
  20. glmino

glmino Squier Talker

Nov 11, 2018
    Mars
    I have to say that I need to reply to this one for sure!

Thank You, I appreciate that immensly.
    How this was developed was becuase I really couldn't "feel" ever with a feeler gauge. I would have to have good light careful eye and
    always have the guitars amplified, a lot!
    Yes, when you sneak the feeler gauge under the string and it sets off the light or sound by way of complteing the circuit, You're done!
    One can always use what they like but, I would say try this, have fun with it, You might need it later when You really need it.
    I'm not crazy old or anything but, I've been doing this for quite a few years.
    Had to get used to it, and did, I couldn't be more acurate any other way.
    Showed this to one of my friends, and he laughed his head off!
    But, He really thought it was neeto!!!
    And, He did laugh every time I utilzed it that day, we were then about 19 years of age.

Mike

LutherBurger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice