Shane Rockin' a Harley Benton

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by DougMen, May 15, 2019.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Even though he owns a PRS SE 24 in Tampas Green, apparently he likes Harley Benton enough to buy one of their PRS clones.

2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I've been waitin almost a month now for my Harley Benton... Should be here tomorrow or the next day... Can't wait, it's a semi-hollow Tele with P-90s... Of course, if the price on Squiers wasn't goin up, I wouldn't even have "strayed", lol...

3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I have the CST-24. It's a great one.

SquierTap likes this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Here he is comparing the two.

5. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    Maybe it's just me but the fretboard on the Harley Benton looks wide, like aircraft carrier wide, probably an optical illusion but flight deck is the 1st thing that popped into my mind. lol.

SquierTap likes this.
  6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I think you're right about the optical illusion. Binding always makes it look wider than it really is. Looking at the pic of him holding them up in front of the camera, the PRS looks wider to me.
    But, when you look at the end of the fretboard in relation to the poles on the neck pickup they look about the same.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    SquierTap likes this.
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I don't know why, but every time I see binding on a neck my mind INSTANTLY jumps to "cheap"... Like I said, I have ZERO idea why... Most fretboards with binding are usually way more expensive... Maybe I played a super cheap, crappy guitar with fretboard binding in the past... But I even think about it every time I pick up my banjo which has binding... I have no idea where this negative stereotype came from... Lol... Just bein honest, lol...

DougMen likes this.
  8. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    I tend not to buy cars with binding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice