SG BASS NBD (With video)

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by RoyalWe, Sep 11, 2018.

1. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    I’ve been waiting to post about the SG bass I bought Memorial Day weekend until it got here, since who knows if it would get here in one piece. Well, I’m glad to report that it is here and intact! Not much to say that’s not in the videos and pics. Not much play wear at all except the spots pictured. I think it’s odd that there’s no scarf joint at the headstock. The only downside as stated in the video is the neck dive....if I got rid of that I wouldn’t have anything holding me back, but as of now I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it. Good thing for GC’s 40 day return policy. Anyway, here it is! (Pardon my French)

Attached Files:

AngelDeVille, Pat V. and radiotech like this.
  2. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

I acquired one of these about a year ago and passed it in to another appreciative individual. Really solid bass but I'm just an unapologetic Fender guy.

RoyalWe likes this.
  3. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Very nice! Happy New SG Bass Day!
    Thanks for posting the video.

RoyalWe likes this.
  4. Jmv668

Jmv668 Squier-Nut

Feb 21, 2017
    Chile
    Great and nice bass!
    Good job!

5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Thanks! I hadn’t intended to make a video, but a buddy of mine asked for some clips so I shot this, then figured I’d upload it so I could share it around.

6. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Whelp, after two solid days of playing on it for hours and hours, I'm in the same camp as you. I just took the SG bass back to Guitar Center for a refund. I found a Fender MIJ Mustang nearby I'm going to go make my next victim. :D

SoundDesign likes this.
  7. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    Sweet! I just picked up a 2006!

I put pyramid flats on mine, and the silk goes past the saddle and doesn’t make a damn bit of difference.

Love the pyramids.

[​IMG]

SoundDesign and RoyalWe like this.