Server lag and Page Loading Issues

Discussion in 'Forum Related Problems & Support' started by Bassman96, Jun 4, 2019.

1. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Used to get my ST in the early morning
    Used to get my ST late at night
    Used to get my ST in the early morning
    Used to get my ST late, late at night

I got a bad, bad feeling
    ST ain't acting right

Stratlover84 and dbrian66 like this.
  2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    10 AM CST, things seem fine?

3. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Things have been really good this morning till just now and then boom back to slow hanging pages and non-loads.

@Squier-Talk
    @Alex
    @Lonn

Any admin care to atleast provide lip service on this?

4. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Yeah, it seems I spoke too soon.

dbrian66 and Bassman96 like this.
  5. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I e mailed the folks who run the site - Enthused Digital. Only 2 contacts were listed so I picked the President as his seemed most relevant. He responded in 15 minutes and said they would work on it immediately to resolve and lo and behold...I got in. I could not get in but one time (and was booted after an entry) and could not get back in.

dbrian66, Best1989, rorygman and 2 others like this.
  6. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Around what time did you email him and get a responce? Was this within the last hour or so? I just had this pop up and now things seem to be okish. I wonder why an email to the president was needed to get any awareness and movement on this..hmmm

Screenshot_2019-06-11-11-29-45.png

dbrian66, Caddy and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  7. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Meister

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The lag is weird. I'm an IT guy (although my day to day is not networking) and it appears that both squier-talk.com and strat-talk.com are hosted by the same service at the same location. Both addresses resolve to 66.165.251.82. Strat-talk.com is fine but squier-talk.com is not. They both go through all the same routers from my PC to the web servers. It does not appear that it's internet relate but more likely the server that the site is hosted on. Or possibly the internal networking infrastructure where the site is hosted.

8. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Nut

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I e mailed about 12:30 EST. I Advised him this was the lone site having the problem, etc.....Ya never know, he may not know. He responded ultra quick. I have to agree with @TimTheViking, it has to be one or more of their servers intermittently failing.

dbrian66 and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  9. TimTheViking

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Almost seems like it's a misconfigured network setting. Possibly DNS. That creates long waits while still working most of the time.

dbrian66 likes this.
  10. TimTheViking

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    BTW - they're talking about our server issues over on strat-talk. One of the questions is why have this forum at all since strat-talk has a Squier section.

dbrian66 and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  11. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Administrator Staff Member

Dec 30, 2009
    texas
    Admin Post

Squier-Talk retired, sold the forum to Alex.
    i'm retired as moderator, tho still showing as one.
    MLP, TGP, TDPRI, etc all seem to be in perfect working order, as does Strat Talk.
    i don't think we matter to the powers that be...

Bassman96, dbrian66 and Ace38 like this.
  12. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-holic

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    In the very late 90s and early 2k's I was a member of a Fender oriented site that began to charge...."contributing members" they called it. It was optional at first, then recommended, then basically mandatory. Things went downhill quick and a very large number of us who'd helped make the site what it was were ...not banned but we referred to it as excommunicated.

My point? well.....as much as the idea scares me...maybe we should see about a member buyout of some type. If we dont matter to them we have to matter to ourselves.

Bassman96, novamax and dbrian66 like this.
  13. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

I emailed Rob at Enthused Digital at 11:54am EST and heard back within 30 minutes that he "was on it". I also posted a complaint on Strat-Talk. I did have some minor difficulty with TDPRI earlier today too.

Bassman96 and dbrian66 like this.
  14. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Glad to hear this. BTW, I was having the same issues on Strat-Talk this morning.

Bassman96 and dbrian66 like this.
  15. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Meister

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I haven't come by and visited at all since I've been on vacation because every time I've tried to load the page it hangs and never loads.

Seems to be OK at the moment at least.

16. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    It’s working better right now than it has in days! Fingers crossed!

Caddy, Bassman96, -r3- and 1 other person like this.
  17. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Pages are loading in an instant... big difference compared to past few weeks.

Maybe they did work on it!

My theory: we are just so numerous at ST that we're clogging up the internet arteries!

JurnyWannaBe and dbrian66 like this.
  18. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

I think the reality is the opposite. Of the forums in this network, this has to be one of the smallest. It was out for so long because they aren't actively monitoring it. The other forums seem to be actively in the process of enhancements for what is likely to be future pay-to-play. I already do that at TDPRI, by way of ad-free status for $25/yr, and would do so here if it was priced appropriately lower.

What say you guys? I'd like our little community to stay intact!

19. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Probably because they have other things more important to do. It could be ...

It seems that by simply contacting them got the matter resolved pretty fast. We were all just going with the flow, sitting on our asses complaining (me included), when the solution was right there at the tip of our collective fingers :rolleyes:

dbrian66 likes this.
  20. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    I tried for a long time to get a Vendor section here like they have at other sites. It would do no more than generate some income to the site and for weeks I heard from about 5 or 6 different STAFF that they were on it..It never happened. I do not mind paying to help keep the site going as long as it DOES keep going.

JurnyWannaBe and dbrian66 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice