Seriously Bad Telecaster

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fadetoz, Oct 14, 2018.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    My buddy just got this Peavey Reactor. USA model guitar. It is so comfortable to play neck is awesome pickups are awesome... Just a bad to the bone tele.
    It does have a bad tone pot and a touchy input jack but those are a quick fix.

IMG_20181013_200846256.jpg IMG_20181013_200851736.jpg

daan, Michael7, Hoss and 21 others like this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Man I love watching your videos. You can really play!

I have always heard good things about those guitars, but have never layed my hands on one. Hopefully one day, one will come around my way.

3. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Those are probably the cheapest USA made guitars you can get and yes they are awesome.

4. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Yes killer Teles and you killed it again :)

CEAF6CBC-705A-4770-B6FD-B1134ACE9B1A.jpeg

mb doug, RoyalWe, VealCutlet and 7 others like this.
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Is it me or did the bullet sound better from yesterday ?

fadetoz and Treynor like this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Sharp tele... Man, that takes me back... I had one of these years and years ago, (probably about 20)... Long before I knew a thing about guitars, before Squiers were popular or widely available, and before I wouldn't have been caught dead with a "country" guitar... Many things have changed... But mostly me... And my perspective... I wonder what ever happened to that guitar? Thanks for the trip down memory lane, lol...

7. spoonbill fish

spoonbill fish Squier Talker

Oct 6, 2018
    Hiroshima, Japan
    That's some very fine playing.

fadetoz, Kenneth Mountain and Treynor like this.
  8. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Meister

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Nice! There's one for sale in my neck of the woods... asking $300 but not sure I would pay that much, although I am abroad and everything costs double here (especially if it says made in USA).

Your comments about the neck intrigue me. What are the radius on those like?

9. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Nice guitar and nice playin! Love the sound you had there as well! Have you had any other Peaveys to compare this to? I recently sold a Mystic .... It was the coolest guitar but I just couldn't bond with it. Neck was nice... Heck everything about the guitar was pretty nice, just couldn't bond with it. I am curious if the neck is similar to one of the older Peaveys from the 80's

10. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    Cool tele...very tasty chops!

11. Hotrodleroy

Hotrodleroy Squier-holic

Dec 7, 2011
    USA
    Nice! Almost sounds like a little foghat in there.

fadetoz and wickedtools like this.
  12. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    From the thread title I was expecting to hear about an actually bad (as in crappy) Tele. Turns out to be just the opposite (as in good) Tele.

13. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    I dig it. I love these old MIA peaveys, total sleeper gems.

fadetoz and wickedtools like this.
  14. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Thanks dbrian66 ... All the ones I have tried are awesome.

@Kenneth Mountain , Thanks... Yeah the Bullet sounds awesome. But that video had the Bullet running into the Champ with a SM57 Clone mic'd up into my DAW. That Peavy was just the phone camera and it needs a new tone pot and some good strings. But the build quality i'm guessing is a little better on the Peavy.
    Either way I love the Bullet ;)

@Stratlover84 .... He did pay $300 for his. I know there are some cheaper models but not sure what they are called off hand.

@Bluzy .... My buddy has a bunch of Peavey Strats too and the necks appear to be pretty close to specs. They are really comfortable to play. I'm not sure on the radius but they play fast. I'm not sure what year this one is but the 80s Strat (Preditor i think) feels the same pretty much.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  15. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    I know that I'm going out on a limb here, but I've got a feeling that any guitar that @fadetoz puts his hands on is "bad".

16. squierTony

squierTony Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Ain't that the truth lol....
    Dude has some chops for sure.. @fadetoz

17. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    I hit liked but no Merle lol!

fadetoz and Hoss like this.
  18. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Just want to thank you all for all the nice comments on my playing. I do the best I can and try to keep my stuff original. Kinda hard to not ripped off licks in blues but I do my best to Fadify my chops. Someday I may be half as good as I'd like to be and half as good as some of you other guys on the forum.

Treynor and Michael7 like this.
  19. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

I agree with the kudos for great playing, and I also like that you keep it original. I like that you put up more sound clips than almost anyone here, and they are always cool playing. I know I'm envious of your skill and I'm sure others are too.

I also like your Reactor, but then I'm biased. Here's mine. I added Artec bridge and neck (Strat) pickups, about $30 total. Cool guitar, but as Big Tuna notes, definitely not for country/twang!

Attached Files:

Treynor and fadetoz like this.
  20. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Man I wish it was mine but it's my buddies guitar. I think he really enjoys letting me play his guitars knowing I'll want one. But then again he knows how much I appreciate a wide range of good instruments. Eventually he hooks me up with a guitar if he knows I really want to find one. Kinda like the Semi Hollow body guitar. I played his Peavey semi hollow and loved it. He knew I was looking for a Epi / Peavey / Ibanez and I stopped over and he had the Artcore sitting there. I'm like what do you want for it? he replied " I got it for you so how about $150? If you don't like it we can keep looking and I'll sell this one" .
    He is really a great guy. I try to stop over once a week to hang out and BS about guitars amps pedals bands etc.... He is in a wheelchair so he can't get out very easily so it's easier for me to stop there. He mainly sells prewired pickguards and has some great wiring tricks. Nice to hang out with someone that likes the same stuff and is just as obsessed if not more.

Treynor likes this.