Seeking White Squier 51 Pickguard

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by TK42DAN, Oct 13, 2019.

1. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Hello! I am new here and new to all this Squier fun. I found an older pre-2012 Squier 51 that I want to clean up and refinish (if I can teach myself how!). To get where I’m going I need to find a solid white pickguard. It looks they are either 2003-2006 or 2013+ and since I found this in 2011, I’m guessing it’s the former version. Also, the one I’m looking for does not have the screw holes on either side of the neck pick-up. It has 11 holes total.

So, if anyone has one in “like new” condition they don’t need, please let me know. :)

Thanks!
    Dan

strat_strummer likes this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    nowhere
    Welcome to the forum!! WD Music makes Squier 51 pickguards in all kinds of colors...

https://www.wdmusic.com/pickguards-fender-squier-51.html

TK42DAN and Best1989 like this.
  3. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Thanks! I will check them out.

Do you know of a good forum here or elsewhere that will help me do a refinish and mods of the 51? I’m scouring YouTube, but still hoping to find a better guide or two.

Thanks again!

drewcp likes this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    nowhere
    Yes - HERE!

Lots of guys have refinished guitars here, and many have modded guitars including the Squier 51.

What are you looking to achieve? To be honest it's usually a great guitar that doesn't NEED modding....but can be to suit your tastes....

drewcp likes this.
  5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
  6. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Thanks! Good to be here.

7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
    View attachment 142983 Great place to hand out with some pretty knowledgeable folks here. @Guitarmageddon is a fine example. Only thing I can offer is a occasional chuckle or two....:D Now I would love to hang out and chat but I have a previous engagement.....

kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

TK42DAN likes this.
  8. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Great! Unfortunately, this one will need some modding...or installations, in this case. I just have a bunch of pieces. :) I’ll attach a pic rather than confuse everyone with my ignorance.

Where I’m particularly hesitant is with the wiring. Never done any of this before (though I have an iron, etc.). I’ve been looking for a diagram for a humbucker plus single coil and I found one at SD, but being new to this I’m still trying to wrap my head around wiring the concentric pot.

Anyways, I can start a new thread for all this, but I wasn’t sure where the best place to post it was.

Attached Files:

9. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    nowhere
    I'd post it here

http://www.squier-talk.com/forums/tech-talk.14/

This is going to be a bit of a steep learning curve but you can do it - hopefully the neck is not damaged or anything from not having string tension on it for a while....we're going to have to guide you not online on wiring, but neck installation, string alignment, truss rod setting, action height, and intonation.....

This is a great Squier 51 wiring diagram

http://www.tdpri.com/attachments/squier-51-wiring-pdf.214865/

TK42DAN likes this.
  10. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    Awesome! Ya, the good news is this isn't my only guitar; it's just some pieces I have that I'd like to turn into a part-time project. I will get a post up on that other forum soon, and I'm already checking out the diagram. Thanks!

11. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I just found this in my parts drawer. It’s from a 2005. The guitar is long gone. I’ll make ya a good deal on it.

A9E2B126-A07F-46A1-A2CC-4DBE7BF8D3D3.jpeg

-r3-, Best1989 and Guitarmageddon like this.
  12. TK42DAN

TK42DAN Squier Talker

Oct 13, 2019
    The Woodlands, TX
    AWESOME! I'll message you. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice