Seafoam Green Tele

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by snivlem, Jun 11, 2018.

1. snivlem

snivlem Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    Looks like I may have grabbed the last of the FSR bullets with rosewood. I originally had a mim in seafoam, but didn't like the 2 humbuckers, so I thought about doing a build with this bullet, but I really don't like the neck, so I'll probably put it on eBay, there's none available on there now. Seems like parting the neck and body is the way to go. Seems like most people on here were pretty pleased with theirs, I just gotten to the point where I would rather pay the money and have a better quality neck. I really hate it though because I sure do dig the color. 1528733959279.jpg

2. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    That's still a great guitar. Build it up! Looking forward to see what comes.

3. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I have a Japanese fender tele neck, if you're interested...

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    IT's actually Surf green. Why don't you like the neck? Mine is perfect with amazingly level frets, no sharp fret ends, just a very slim shape.....

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  5. snivlem

snivlem Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    Neck has a speckly splattered satin finish that needs some love. The rosewood itself is not well sanded. Frets are really really rough. A full step bend is a fight. All things that could be remedied, but then there are the other necessary hardware upgrades, and I'd rather put my time, effort, and money into something I'll appreciate more. I will say I'm glad they're putting the Gotoh style tuners on these now, and the body has a nice feel and weight to it.

6. eidling

eidling Squier-Meister

Jul 6, 2017
    USA
    I've been very happy with mine, but I am wondering - if you don't know one wood from another (and I pretty much don't!), how would I know if mine is a rosewood fretboard? It does not look different from the other rosewood fretboards on any other guitar I've owned, but I think mine is a 2017, so - is there a relatively straightforward way to tell?

Attached Files:

7. snivlem

snivlem Squier-Nut

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    99% sure it is rosewood. The Indian Laurel is much lighter in color.

8. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Meister

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    I just had a thought about the rosewood problem. Buy up all the cheap stuff with rosewood boards in all the pawn shops and remove the fingerboard and hoard them. Sell them to custom builders or heck Fender might want it. Wonder if they’ve thought of that. Just imagine how much is out there in the world.

9. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Sooner or later, all of us will finally realize that the species of a thin fretboard glued to a much larger piece of something else really doesn't matter.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  10. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I recently did a Tele build and I bought a Mighty Mite neck for around $125.00. They were available in Maple or Rosewood. Best aftermarket neck I've seen, including a couple Warmoths. Frets perfectly level and fret ends are like silk. Plus they are officially licensed by Fender, so you get the true Tele Headstock shape.

11. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    For what it's worth, I just got one and the Guitar Center manager I talked to called it Indian Laurel.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.