Scored a 01 Jagmaster

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by broome1000, Jul 26, 2019.

1. broome1000

broome1000 Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    Picked up a Squier Jagmaster in a yard sale recently. The guitar has an interesting body but needs a little tlc. The finish is glitter. I would like to get some info about it and approximate value if possible.
    Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

T5854, VealCutlet, ElRey67 and 4 others like this.
  2. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    HNGD! Some talking points for that guitar are 1) alder body - most standard series guitars have an agathis body, but that one's the more traditional alder 2) silver sparkle finish- very cool, more rare, and they charged $30 extra for it in 2001 3)Rosewood fretboard - Rosewood is currently not allowed on new guitars in the US due to CITES restrictions which are meant to discourage use of an unsustainably managed resource. There are people who are not happy about this, and unsure if the alternative (Indian Laurel) is going to measure up. MSRP for this guitar w this finish in 2001 was $429.99. Best advice is to watch transactions in your local area on similar guitars on Craigslist, OfferUp, Letgo & Facebook Messenger. Look at eBay & Reverb for larger mkt data.

EDIT: And enjoy playing it ! !

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
    Good looking guitar, congrats.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. broome1000

broome1000 Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    Thanks for the reply and the info. The guitar felt special in my hand from the second I picked it up.

5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Welcome to Squier Talk ! ! ! Nice Score ! ! !

6. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
  7. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    I've not had one, but they are nice looking guitars. The Jagmaster as a Squier offering was introduced in another series (Vista Series) in 1996/97. Of the Vista Series guitars, the Jagmaster is the only one to survive and be incorporated into a different series and continue to be produced for a number of years. So, people like them! Also, the CY in the serial # denotes being made in China (C) at the Yako plant (Y) in Taiwan (Republic of China), which has an excellent reputation for quality output. Not slinging mud on any other factories, just that that one has an excellent rep!
    Welcome to Squier-Talk!

Best1989 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Hi, a few days ago I bought a used 2007 Jagmaster with a Fender hard shell case (very nice) from a Craigslist seller for about $200. I've seen used guitars on Guitar Center from about $200 to $250 but mostly from $200 to $220 or so. However mine is in excellent condition except for a tiny ding on the top that I've covered pretty well with a dab of those furniture touch-it crayons or wax or whatever. As -r- pointed out, yours may be worth a bit more because of that unique finish. I have the standard sunburst. As I noted in my earlier post I had bought it mainly with the intention of selling the guitar and keeping the great case. Then I played it ... and I'm not letting go of it. I don't normally like humbuckers but these sound very clear and distinct. So I'm getting rid of my Bullet Mustang, a similar sized guitar with the same short scale, instead and maybe some of my unused bass gear. You can also go to Reverb and eBay and maybe find out what older models sold for, too.

VealCutlet, Kenneth Mountain and -r3- like this.
  9. broome1000

broome1000 Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2019
    Upstate NY

10. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
  11. broome1000

broome1000 Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    Glad you like the guitar and are pleased in our dealings. I also appreciate all the good info you gave me including you pointing me to this site. The Squier gods smiled on me and led me to another Jag.

12. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Btw, as I said I have plenty of those guitar boxes if you ever need one to ship it somewhere. I go nearly by your house on my way to the mall for my walks. I went there today in fact. Have you posted your Squier Strat here for an estimate yet? I wished I could afford it but anyway I don't need a fifth Strat.

13. broome1000

broome1000 Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    I am interested in one of your boxes. Let me know when you are heading this way. Thanks

14. broome1000

broome1000 Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2019
    Upstate NY
    also estimate of $150 plus the case for the strat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice