Sad thread.

Discussion in 'Member Guit-togethers' started by xtomx2000, Mar 17, 2019.

1. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    I had to take a little time to consider my answer/comment.

You have my deepest, most sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. My wish for you is not the absence of grief, but a dulling of the sharpness, that pierces down through the soul.

I have somewhat of a familiarity with your situation. I lost my wife, best friend, compatriot, lover and the best part of my life for 34 years in June of last year. Unlike you, the acute medical issue was very short lived. Three days and she was gone. I still many, many times a day think I must show/tell/share this with Lisa, then the wall of she's not here slams down. While I only have one of the two guitars she gave me, she was an active participant in the purchase of so many, most all were from or through her. It is impossible to enunciate the loss and hole in my life that is left. Time will blunt the sharpness of the pain, but not remove it. My best wishes to you.

Jeff

20140623_122200.jpg 098.jpg 138.jpg

2. xtomx2000

xtomx2000 Squier-Nut

Jun 7, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany

dbrian66 and mb doug like this.
  3. jtees4

jtees4 Squier-Meister

Jun 7, 2012
    NYish
    So very sorry! Don't have a clue what to say. Just truly sorry. I am 10 years older than you, and while I've had many issues, mine feel small today compared to yours.

dbrian66, mb doug and xtomx2000 like this.
  4. cheapgtrs

cheapgtrs Squier-Meister

Apr 4, 2015
    Beautifully said. She is with you always. RIP

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

xtomx2000, dbrian66 and mb doug like this.
  5. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    @xtomx2000 thank you for the wonderful tribute to Ute. It is difficult for most people to know how you feel: most people have never experienced this and most people are not raised with any understanding of death.

My late wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, one of a high percentage of non-smoking women who contract this: no one knows why. After she was diagnosed, we quickly finished restoring our house, sold it, and moved to a condominium that was better suited for her care. She lived the next 1 1/2 years in a very brave and self-directed way, on her feet and self-propelled until just before her last day, and died at home with me in August 2012.

There are occasions when I miss her terribly, but I really haven't gone through the cycle of grief that's typical. We were together 14 years, she fought and I supported her with everything we had, we left nothing unsaid or unresolved, and her life was done. As she wanted me to do, I'm looking forward and not behind me.

BTW: We were from the US, but she had lived for 4 1/2 years in Heidelburg Germany. We went to Germany for 2 weeks and visisted friends from Frankfort to Munich. I loved the country and felt very comfortable with the people. I hope to return.

xtomx2000 and mb doug like this.
  6. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    My deepest condolences..I know the feeling all too well..
    Be strong my friend..

xtomx2000 likes this.
  7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
    So sorry for your loss, my condolences.

xtomx2000 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice