RUSH Trying To Sound Like The POLICE

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by plangentmusic, Nov 16, 2019.

1. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Squier-holic

Jul 4, 2012
    manhattan
    Here's an oldie I decided to do. Alex was going for a series of "parts" as opposed to being a "lead" player and I think he did a pretty good job.

I always felt this song could use some vocal harmonies so I took that liberty.

Shaytan, Rat cam 68, grizmit and 8 others like this.
  2. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    Just love the stuff you do. Don't get insulted by me calling it stuff,just a phrase I use ,no disrespect meant.

plangentmusic likes this.
  3. plangentmusic

Jul 4, 2012
    manhattan
    None taken. I appreciate the compliment.

4. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Hmm... Over 10o0 subscribers. And almost about to hit 2 million views. And he has multiple playlists including 1 where there is 29 tracks and the 1st track and pic attached to the playlist is Zappa... And the track that then follows it is Yes...

Im in need of a pack of smokes and some food and supplies at the moment. Unfortunatly its like an hour to just get to town and back. Let alone the shopping part...

Seems like now is a good time to click on the playlist with 29 tracks. I wouldn't suggest anyone else do such a thing tho. It would be bad... Hitting on the subscribe button would also be bad. Its free. And might take like 2 or 3 seconds...

5. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Awesome version!

6. grizmit

grizmit Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2015
    Nice one Nelson! The harmonies are great, and bonus points for nailing Neil Peart’s part.

7. plangentmusic

Jul 4, 2012
    manhattan

Ha, thanks! Yeah, I'd like to reach 2000 subscribers for no other reason other than it's a goal. And I don't really advertise the site -- it's catch as catch can.

"Likes" help because it drives the videos higher up on the page. That playlist with Zappa and YES is is my prog and fusion list. Overall I actually have over 300 vids in every style from easy listening jazz to neo classical metal. (But mostly remakes of pop and classic rock). To see them all I think you'd have to do a search for Nelson Montana and then hit "Videos" and keep scrolling through until you're sick of it. LOL

BlueSquirrel likes this.
  8. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Very impressive! Hats off to you!

9. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Wow...awesome.!!!!!

10. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Yea, they say likes and comments drive stuff higher in search engine stuff and also leads to a more likely choice as related content so more of a chance of popping up on the side of pages of other peoples videos... From what ive noticed a rush of views also seems to make a video more likely to appear...

For example if im on YouTube and im searching for videos of say Korg Volca modules and I put that into the search engine the list of hits that come up will be based on "relevance" unless I go change the search parameters to say look for newest uploads or videos with most views instead... And if you change those parameters for the search it will only be for that search... The next time u go and do a search it will be right back to doing it by relevance...

So if I put in a search for Korg Volca it will pop up based on relevance... And now if I do that quite often(search for vids using Korg Volca) high up on the list of hits will be say a video with only 650 views or something... Among videos with 15,000, 150,000 and 550,000... Why would that be??? Its because its tracking my own views and what im watching... It knows ive been watching a lot of vids on Korg Volcas… And the guys video that only has 650 views had them over say only the last 30 days because his video is new... It then considers that video to be "hot" based on views per day... And judges me to be a person who watches video on that specific content... So the guys vid with 650 views is listed near the top of the search engine hit lists among vids with 550,000 views... That's what im seeing anyways... Yet another reason for sure why the people reading this should never click on his playlist and then go mow their lawn...

11. plangentmusic

Jul 4, 2012
    manhattan
    Yes, "suggested" playlists come up based on what you listen to. That's why my bass videos get more traffic than my overall music videos -- it's something that people search.

I'm actually not sure why some videos do better than others. I've also seen completely amateurish throw together junk that gets hundreds of thousands of hits. Maybe they know something I don't.

12. Roccobagadonuts

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    It goes beyond just suggested playlists tho. For example I just did a quick test, did a search of Korg Volca… The list pops up based on relevance... Theres a bunch of vids there that have 50k views, 15k views, 550,000 views, 1 million views and etc. And sitting down as the 10th video down on the list among them. A video that is listed as having 50 views. Now if ya click on the vid he has actually gotten 65 views. And the video is only 9 hours old... So the video is at the moment considered "hot" based on views per hour... And is sittin #10 on the search engine list that pops up out of thousands and thousands of options... Why? Because it had a rush of people viewing it in a short period of time and gets lit up by Youtubes code as something that needs to be displayed for others to see... I don't think YouTube is gonna like me :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice