Running two little amps.

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Smith357, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    Last night I hooked up 3 amps and had them all going at the same time. It sounded really good but was louder than I like in the living room I play in so I went back to just 2 amps. I have both amps side by side and probably 10 ft. away from me. Has anyone tried separating them like you would stereo speakers? And if you did how did it sound? Im running a Fender champion 100 on tweed deluxe setting with delay and reverb along with a line 6 spyder II also with delay and reverb and it sounds awsome! Before moving everything around I just wanted to know the results and how far apart you had them.

Kenneth Mountain and Robb like this.
  2. platefire

platefire Squier-Nut

Sep 14, 2016
    North Louisiana
    Been playing on two amps a month or so now in my P & W Band at Church. It's my DIY Champ hooked in parallel with my Silvertone 1482. I use the 2nd input in my champ to run a cord over to my 1482 Mic channel.
    Got my guitar going into my pedal-board into the input of the DIY Champ. The volume and tone is just perfect for our small Church 100 capacity Sanctuary.

No it's not stereo but is just a wider, larger sound at a lower volume with the low watt amps. Platefire

fadetoz and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. Photobug57

Photobug57 Squier-Meister

Jan 11, 2018
    Hebron, KY
    Kenneth Mountain, you were one of the first to greet me on this forum. I was gonna PM you this same question.

I want to get a 2nd Super Champ X2 yo do this with one clean, the other, well, you know.

For now will run 1 SCX2 and a Line 6 Spyder 4. Only thing I do t know about is one being 15 watts with a 10 inch, the other, 75 watts with a 12.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier Talker

Dec 7, 2018
    GA
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    both amps I use are setup clean - everything happens with the pedals ! watts don't matter as much as different

speakers and setting the volume on each to compliment each other !

Photobug57 likes this.
  6. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Dr. Brian May gives a whole class/lesson on running two to three amps at the same time. He uses basically identical amps but with different pedal combinations in front. So you are in very good company.

Kenneth Mountain and Photobug57 like this.
  7. Photobug57

Photobug57 Squier-Meister

Jan 11, 2018
    Hebron, KY
    I’ve tried YouTube and haven’t been able to find it. Do you have a website or link?

8. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    I do not think so, but I'll look.

9. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Meister

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    If you’re a whack job,
    I’m a loonbag

It’s actually very cool
    I wanna try it

10. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Eddie likes this.
  11. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Squier-Meister

Feb 2, 2013
    Bucharest - RO
    Jeff inspired... just bought Pro Jr IV version, to be used in stereo, next to my Marshall Studio 15 or SCX2 (all 15W).
    Second TINY option is Vox MV50 AC next to Orange Micro Terror or EHX Magnum 44.
    All these options offer different inspiring sounds in stereo so you can go better left or better right channel for arguing with solo or rhythm. Overall sound is well emphasized with enlarged spectrum of expressing yourself.

Attached Files: