Rocking the Squier Telecaster

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by srx700xxx, Dec 6, 2018.

1. srx700xxx

srx700xxx Squier Talker

Mar 6, 2016
    I find myself all over YouTube watching videos of radio control airplanes, model trains, guns, politics, street fights, and guitars. I'll leave out bikini try on hauls that have been showing up the last few days. I can only think it comes from keying on the word model from the train videos. Lost my train of thought there for a second, on to the Tele.

Last night I was checking out a few videos from Wings of Pegasus. His name is Fil and he watches and points out guitar techniques from all over the music spectrum. He also does some riffs of the week along with cover songs from various bands. The videos are nice and sweet being under 15 minutes. I caught him rocking a Squier Telecaster on two of his covers. There are some good angles looking down the neck while he's playing. He plays and sings it all and I thought you guys might enjoy. I subscribed and look forward to more Squier sightings.

I'm not sure what model Telecaster he's using.

2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Is this the reaction video guy ?

3. jvin248

jvin248 Squier Talker

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Looks like an Affinity from the guitar details I can see.

Kenneth Mountain and Taurus like this.
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-Nut

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  5. Looks like a young David Coverdale.
    Cheers, Barrie.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  6. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2018
    Idaho
  7. srx700xxx

srx700xxx Squier Talker

Mar 6, 2016
    I know he watches other people play and talks about their style. You can tell he is a music lover just by the smile on his face when the guitarist is doing their thing.

I see the writing is black on the headstock. Did the Affinity models have that in their lineage. Mine is gold with a black outline for a HSS Strat.

I did catch a few takes of a Squier Jazz Bass in the U2 cover. That is cool.

8. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    Yes, the Gold/Black logo for the Affinity was a feature from 2013 onwards... So there's about a 15 year history of black writing on the Squier logo on the Affinity...