RIP Bernie Torme ...another strat genius gone.

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by SpeedKing, Mar 21, 2019.

1. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2015
    UK
    I know that you know that Jimi knew it was about using the feedback but then he was gone too early for me.

Bernie knew it too and in the era punk challenged rock before settling along rather nicely beside it Bernie helped it happen with his punk sensibilities and look in both Gillan and then with Ozzy helping him over the sudden loss of Randy.

Now he's gone too aged just a day under 67 and again the world is poorer for his passing.

RIP.

For those who never saw him here he is with Gillan in '81.

TEXINGA, mb doug, stratman420 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ahh man … Bernie was a great player. I recall his contributions during the 80's. Lost touch with what he'd been doing since then. R.I.P. Bernie.
    Cheers, Barrie.

stratman420 likes this.
  3. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    This guy knew his way around a strat.. at least we got his recordings and video for those of us that where unaware of Gillan, Bernie, or Rock & Roll TV..

stratman420 likes this.
  4. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Nut

Dec 7, 2018
    GA
    I remember him from the Ozzy days,

All aboard the crazy train!

5. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Nut

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I have a friend who saw one of the few shows Bernie did with Ozzy, and he's broken up about his death. Dude could play. Rock In Peace...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice