Review of Imagine Dragons halftime show (Washington Post)

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Davis Sharp, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I think this music critic doesn't like Imagine Dragons, or even rock. But as a grumpy 52 year-old who watched the halftime show with great confusion and perplexity, I enjoyed his review. He starts with his sarcastic guns blazing.

As our fellow citizens of dystopia walk these cold 21st-century streets with tiny speakers plugged into their head-holes, we can only wonder: What are they listening to? Probably some podcast. Or maybe the situation is even worse. Maybe they’re trying to block out the sound of Imagine Dragons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...36fa44b80ba_story.html?utm_term=.dc778fc4cc90

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of this band. I have listened to several of their songs to try to find out why people like them. Other than the sexually rhythmic thump-thump and a scarcity of lyrics that make it easy for people on ecstasy to sing along, I don't get it.

dbrian66 likes this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I’ve never seen them live, but I like Imagine Dragons. That guy who wrote that article definitely didn’t. It seemed like he is wishing that rock and roll will die. I wonder what he listens to?

squierbilly likes this.
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    At home when no one is around he breaks out the journey and screams don't stop believing !

squierbilly and dbrian66 like this.
  4. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I dig them. Music is music. Most people that dismiss music don't understand it.

Cobra, squierbilly and dbrian66 like this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I think his point is that there are a few bands that are touted as "rock and roll" in an effort to keep the genre from dying. But his last paragraph is that rock and roll won't die, it will just occupy a different place in the musical universe.

dbrian66 likes this.
  6. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-Nut

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    My thought on the half time show was, Somebody vastly overestimated
    the number of 19-23 yr. olds that might be tuned in.

7. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Nut

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I like a lot of music, a lot. Imagine Dragons are not for me. Not everything that's good is for everyone. I don't like to disparage other people's tastes.

The only artists I'm comfortable talking about in a negative way are Pitbull and that German woman that everyone else loves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice