return policy

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Loin Lover, Aug 9, 2019.

1. bolloxbollox

bolloxbollox Squier Talker

I had a VW GTI that I'd bought from a friend, fixed the brakes, and then scooted around for a few months in. Winter in Minnesota was approaching and I needed something more robust. It was a quirky 15 year old GTI V6 stick with 115K miles. I advertised it for sale as such.
    As I was selling it I had offered to help take the car to any local mechanic he'd like to check it out, no problem. He declined and bought the car after a quick test drive.

I received an email from him about two weeks later and he was unhappy, he'd given it to his son and it seemed to be rapidly deteriorating, problems surfacing. He wanted to re-negotiate the price.

I never returned his email.

drewcp, Davey and Loin Lover like this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Accept the return with a $20 restocking fee.

Loin Lover likes this.
  3. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Unfortunately I had to leave the ranch and make a Home Depot run. Met a nice younger fella (late 30s) who has around 40 guitars. He wanted to buy this guitar to relic ala SRV until he held and saw it's near perfection. He plans to leave her as is.

Karma? I dropped the price $15 for the guy driving 60 miles last week. Today's guy was ready to pay full price. I cut the price so it was a more even #. All is well.

4. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I love it!!

Loin Lover likes this.
  5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I sold a mandolin on reverb that I advertised as like new..The buyer found a major problem that I hadn't seen..Sent a full refund including shipping cost..(still have the damn thing)..
    Sold a pedal, to a member here, that thought was good but the buyer learned it was faulty..Full refund..
    Sold the same guy a nice MIM Tele..He claimed it had fret buzz on one string..Wanted a partial refund..Can't do that sir..

Loin Lover likes this.
  6. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    That's nothing short of just ignorant. But coming from someone from Toronto it doesn't surprise me.

7. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    You should of sent him packing. Easy for me to say. Yrs ago when I used to build houses for sale rather than fix them, I took a non-refundable $15,000 deposit on a new house, customer got their bank commitment, and picked the colors etc. A month later they wanted out (not sure of the reason). Realtors were sweating bullets, because I had the deposit. I decided that if and when the house closed with a new buyer, and providing I didn't have to change anything, they could have their $ back. Two months later I wrote them a check.

Loin Lover likes this.
  8. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Nice guys finish FIRST!!!

Loin Lover likes this.
  9. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    That's what she said........................

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice