Quality levels of all the different Squiers

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by MyToyBrain, Mar 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. You've painted yourself into a Squier corner. There's so many to choose from. Maybe that's why you don't step out with the other models?
    Cheers, Barrie.

drewcp and dbrian66 like this.
  2. Fret Cheese

Fret Cheese Squier-Meister

Sep 10, 2016
    Bordeaux
    Good point. Still regret not picking up the sonic (or daphne?) blue with maple board deluxe when they were still available..

3. Fret Cheese

Sep 10, 2016
    Bordeaux
    YN's are decent too :)

4. Great guitars if you like the Stratocaster. Super fast satin neck, 22 frets, DD pick ups, 2 point bridge … what's not to like? Cheers, Barrie.

jefffam, drewcp, Fret Cheese and 2 others like this.
  5. MyToyBrain

MyToyBrain Squier Talker

Mar 17, 2020
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Are there good loaded pickguards that will fit the thinner Affinity body? doing any routing isn't in my wheelhouse.

jefffam and dbrian66 like this.
  6. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Forgot all about the Deluxe Series even after seeing one on my local CL today. Duh.

7. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    Could you build your own using GM 62z? Just be careful to buy a shallow switch or use the stock one. I don’t have any experience with other loaded pickguards. Now that I tried one from RockinRGuitars, I don’t think I’ll ever look for another source. I actually like routing the body. Go figure. :rolleyes: You can by a router relatively inexpensive and will be skillful quickly after a little practice. Then you have it for other stuff and guitars.

jefffam, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  8. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

Great thread. I've learned a lot. Thanks everyone who contributed.

Best1989, jefffam, StarRaider and 7 others like this.
  9. Dinomikesr

Dinomikesr Squier-Meister

Nov 25, 2019
    South-East
    The 2001 Stagemasters and Double Fat Tele Deluxe are better than anything put out since.

10. Strato74

Strato74 Squier Talker

Mar 5, 2020
    Tamworth, NSW, Australia
    From my very limited experience (1 YN & 2 newer Affinities) I’d say that the YN is a much better guitar than the narrow neck, thin body models. The tuners are crappy but generally a better sounding, easier playing guitar.
    Just my opinion though, I can’t vouch for the quality of the thousands of other YNs out there.

11. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    I have Squiers from a few ranges starting with the SQ I bought new in 1983 right up to a Dimension bass a couple years ago. Which is the best? Well.. That depends. Price it commands? What it sounds like? Playability? Collectability? So many factors and what's important to someone may not be to another.

Though I know I am quite lucky to have such a choice, my 2014 Blue Sparkle Bullet gets the most play and really seems to be my go to. The others phase in and out with me, but this is always a go to. I still can't figure it out, but it just is.

12. Fret Cheese

Sep 10, 2016
    Bordeaux
    Good to see some love for the bullets. And from a SQ owner too!
    my daphne blue 2008 bullet is my go to lounge player :)

jefffam, dbrian66 and Ricky3Fingerd like this.
  13. Ricky3Fingerd

Ricky3Fingerd Squier-Nut

Nov 26, 2019
    Canda
    Ya the NC I have is a great player. Like sounds as good stock as my SE modded to hell to be honest. And is more fun to play. I was thinking of putting the mods other than the tuners onto it but I might just leave it alone entirely.

14. Finnish Swede

Finnish Swede Squier-Meister

Apr 7, 2018
    Finland
    Where to put this? I love mine ...

15. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    The Deluxe is right up there with the VM’s and CV’s. I don’t hardly ever see them for sale though.

16. Strato74

Strato74 Squier Talker

Mar 5, 2020
    Tamworth, NSW, Australia
    I could sleep easy until I joined this group a fortnight or so ago. I had simple tastes & I had a plan for my old Squier Affinity. Now I have 3 of them & am not sure what to do with any of them. Since falling down the rabbit hole I’m laying awake at night making build plans, waking during the night to dreams of their futures.
    i recently bought an affinity because I wanted the case it was in & it came with a spare set of Fender Noiseless Pups to put in my YN but am having second thoughts, might just change the tuners & leave as is. It sounds good enough with the standard pups, it just doesn’t sound like a Strat in my opinion.

TimTheViking, drewcp and dbrian66 like this.
  17. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I know the feeling. I think I had one Squier when I came to this forum looking for info about it. Now, like you, I just keep thinking of ways I can rebuild the next one. Like they say, the perfect number of guitars is “one more”!

This is my most recent pics of how the one Squier has grown into a collection of them!

9083F63D-BEED-46BE-A0F0-0A3EA9324F61.jpeg EAB35C98-F620-48E4-97F1-FD4A4AA24E55.jpeg

18. MyToyBrain

MyToyBrain Squier Talker

Mar 17, 2020
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Great collection! Which one is the go to?

drewcp, Ricky3Fingerd and dbrian66 like this.
  19. Strato74

Strato74 Squier Talker

Mar 5, 2020
    Tamworth, NSW, Australia
    Nice, I like that emerald green it looks sweet.

drewcp, Ricky3Fingerd and dbrian66 like this.
  20. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    The yellow SE. My first and still my favorite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice