Quad Hot Rails ?

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by DrBeGood, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I just put in an offer. Let's see if he accepts. :)

2. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Eddie likes this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
  4. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    I wonder which one is the neck, I assume due to the different color leads. Make a hell of an HH.

Eddie likes this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    The seller has Neck Quads available. But I'm not sure I want to Quad-Quad. Need a little more versatility. I'm thinking Quad - Hot Rail. Or maybe Quad - Bill Lawrence. :)

Davey likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    The seller accepted. I just paid for it. ha ha

Looks like I'm getting a Kramer Striker Quad Rail. ha ha. Now I need to think about what to hook it up with. I'm thinking Bill Lawrence. :)

7. rocknrguitars

rocknrguitars Squier-Meister

Jun 4, 2017
    East Helena Montana
    I really do not know much about them, but it would be a
    I really do not know anything about them other than the obvious. They are only two wire Pickups. You would have to tear the Humbucker apart and rewire them to coil tap them. Not worth it. My best choice for something like this, and still affordable, are the Dragonfire Quad Rails. They are four wire for easy coil taps. The are also a matched 23K. 45 bucks a set. I think their single price is 26 dollars. So, for roughly 70 dollars, if you are doing the triple Quads, you get a proven product with good reviews that come from an established company that is easy to work with. Oh yes, the best part is they can be coil taped. How many combinations could you get with three Quad Rails, independent Coil Taps and 7-Way Switching? Wow

Eddie likes this.
  8. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway Squier-Nut

Feb 7, 2016
    Fayetteville, NC
    I ordered a similar alnico 5 double hot rail from Amazon about two weeks ago. Should be be here any day.

It will go in the bridge along with two single size Belcat alnico 5 hot rails that are here already.

Don't know how it will sound but it will give me something to do.

Eddie and Davey like this.
  9. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Yup, I went back and looked. Tempting. I will wait for your review! I would imagine they will need to be set low........ OK, gots to know! what was your offer?

Eddie likes this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I offered him $20. He accepted. Maybe I should have gone lower. ha ha.
    The seller accepted my offer for the Kramer Striker Quad Rails. Unfortunately, I'm headed to Disney on Friday. ha ha. So I won't get a chance to do anything with them until I get back. But there's a good chance I'll be sending them your way early in March. :)

Heck, I don't even have guitars for all these. ha ha. Gives me a great reason to find some. :)

Davey and rocknrguitars like this.
  11. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I'm sorry. Unless you had brass somewhere on that guitar, it doesn't count. :)

Sounds very cool for sure. Pics?

Brass was such a hot item back then....

12. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-Nut

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    How long before there are octocoils with 60-100k? where the hell would you need that for :eek:

Eddie and so1om like this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Too funny. You never know. Maybe you're on to something. Didn't someone post a picture of a guitar with 8 single coil pickups?