Put my old carpentry skills to work today!

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by Masshole, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    @dbrian66 exactly what I'm shooting for! That's an awesome looking board you have there!

dbrian66 likes this.
  2. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    As I was waiting for the 1/4 inch pass throughs and power inlet I ordered I decided a trip to home depot to look at stain was in order.
    I decided to go with ebony colored stain for all the pine on my pedal board and a aged oak stain for the oak slats! Also decided to give something new a try. Rust-o-leum Triple Thick Glaze instead of poly. So far so good! I've applied 3 costs yesterday and lightly sanded after work today and applied 3 more coats. The directions say apply 2-3 light coats 2 min apart and allow 24 hours to dry! Probably going to apply 6 more coats total over 2 days, that should finish off the 2nd can anyway!
    Then it'll be wiring everything up. I ordered an a/c inlet, a 4 outlet a/c splitter, a 10' a/c cord, 4 1\4" pass throughs, clips and screws to make it all neat and orderly. I also ordered a patch cable kit from GLS w/ pancake jacks that need to be soldered. Last but not least I'm going to be using Dual Lock to attach my pedals to the board! I searched everywhere and the cheapest I found was about $2 a foot! Gonna be well worth it!
    15023228804951735109663.jpg 20170809_194625.jpg

3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier Talker

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kenneth Mountain and Masshole like this.
  4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-holic

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    It does look great - I asked for a diagram if you have one because I didn't know what you were trying to achieve - I can wait until it's done and you explain. I been looking at pallets all the time now - thanks MASS ! ! ! ! lol

Eddie and Masshole like this.
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Your logo knocked loose a story I heard a long time ago - John Riggins was at a party with Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'conner - moose must have had a few "pops" at some point under what circumstances I do not know , he bumped her arm and said " Loosen up Sandy Baby " I always thought that was funny ! your welcome ! lol

dbrian66 likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I want a pedal rack that's shelf height. I can't read the settings when I'm standing up anymore when the pedals are on the floor. .

7. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    lol

I never step on my pedals - they are on a table in front of my chair !

Eddie likes this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Squier-holic

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Me too. I have them on a nightstand. I'd like to get them a bit higher ... maybe on a computer desk or something. I would love a board on top of a computer desk.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  9. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    @Kenneth Mountain
    This 1st pic shows the 4 way a/c splitter idea...
    The 2nd is a hand drawn schematic to give you an idea of what I'm planning! I know it's an awful drawing...
    Capture+_2017-08-09-20-37-31.png 20170809_204229.jpg I hope this answers any questions you may have, if not ask away!!!!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  10. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    I have questions - but I'm going to wait until you have everything done - very neat and pro looking - I'm going to copy most of this - the ultimate compliment ! lol

I really liked the way you handled the AC ! excellent !

Masshole and Davis Sharp like this.
  11. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Let me know how the 1/4" passthrough works. It is/was the last thing I planned for my board, but I didn't get around to ordering any. I have a little free time now and may finish it this month.

Masshole and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. Masshole

Masshole Squier-Meister

May 26, 2017
    Massachusetts USA
    Progress update!
    Pedals have all been installed with Dual Lock. Gator Cases Bus 8 pedal power has been installed and wires have all been run and managed! Ac inlet w/ 4 plugs installed under the board. 4-1/4" solderless couplers installed for inputs and outputs! Next step is soldering all of my patch cables! More updates coming soon.... 20170812_170752.jpg 20170812_170752.jpg 20170812_170635.jpg 20170812_170644.jpg 20170812_170825.jpg 20170812_170806.jpg

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.