Purchasing Pickup Covers

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by jbrowning, Feb 14, 2020.

1. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
    I'm looking to see where is a good place to purchase new/used pickup covers. I'm looking for SSS in Cream, White and Black (1 set of each color). Then I also want to get Humbucker covers in Cream, White and Black (3 of each color).

The reason is because I would like to have those colors on hand so when/if I start building pick guards I will have those covers on hand to see what color works best. Then I can buy the pickups with the color I'm wanting.

Thanks
    Jim

SquierTap and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Very interesting ... I thought I responded to this.

Be wary of stocking up on pup covers. They're not one size fits all. If you stock, you'll wind up with a drawer full of unused pup covers.

Better to buy as you need.

Davis Sharp, SquierTap and Wizzer like this.
  3. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
    I'm not putting these on the guitars Eddie. This is just so I can see what all the colors look like put together. After I've decided what color I want to use. Then I will order the pick up and covers at the same time.

SquierTap and Eddie like this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    That won't help, the color and consistency varies by batch, even Fender made ones can vary......

If you're hoping for an exact match later, you're gonna have a bad time.....

5. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
  6. Single Strats come in 48 - 50 & 52 mm sizes. Some sets are mixed with two or even three sizes. You pretty much have to order what you're gonna need for each project.
    Cheers, Barrie.

jbrowning and SquierTap like this.
  7. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2016
    Sackville, NB, Canada
  8. Wizzer

Wizzer Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    jbrowning and SquierTap like this.
  9. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Just curious... Is that Scott Grove of YouTube fame? I believe he had "greasy groove" as a part of his name or brand... Also went by "Dr. Groovy"?

jbrowning likes this.
  10. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    He did Groovy Music Lessons, Greasy Groove is a Canadian company.....

jbrowning likes this.
  11. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2016
    Sackville, NB, Canada
    Nope.
    The "Greasy Groove" guy is Davey Lee Goode, from the U.K.
    [​IMG]
    I met him once, and his place is about 18 km from my house. It's in an old brick structure that used to be a piano factory.

Forum Guest and Mr Bones like this.
  12. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Dimarzio makes Strat and HB pickup covers in every possible color you can imagine, not just white, cream, and black, and even mixed color for HBs. Here's just a few of the colors they have, and I'm sure you could find cheaper Chinese ones on Ebay. DiMarzioPickupCovers-500x500.jpg s-l1000.jpg I kinda dig this mint green set. I think it would look cool on one of my Strats that has a mint green PG. Apparently SD makes a lot of different colors too. SeymourDuncanCustomColorSample.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    jbrowning likes this.
  13. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    If its just for mockups, you can buy cheap covers on Amazon (music lily or other import). But as mentioned, the color may not perfectly match the real pups.

jbrowning and Forum Guest like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice