PSA -- S-73 auction on SGW, ends today @ 4:22 EST

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by Loin Lover, May 26, 2019.

1. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Holy <insert word of your choice>!
    I can't believe I hadn't seen this. And it's the 2nd closest GW to me!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. pflug

pflug Squier-Nut

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
    It appears to be a fairly well "hidden" SGW auction...

4. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Aha - it's not listed with a manufacturer name, and I didn't pore through every electric guitar listed this week! Probably not gonna end up w it though. Not exact best time to score anything but a windfall & I bet there's a couple sharks, or birds of prey circling high above or deep beneath the auction with bigger budgets.

5. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I suppose I should have added shipping & handling to me was reasonable, $20.xx, unlike some locations which charge redonkulous fees.

Come on ST GASers! Open up that high octane GAS account. It is Indy 500 day!

6. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    Is it some sort of Squier SG-type?

7. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Uh, no ST'ers! Nothing to see here! Look the other way!:)

8. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    It's very much like an SG, with a body that's more reminiscent of a Guild S-100. Part of Squier Series 24 w a 24.75" scale, 12" radius, mahogany body & mahogany set neck. Pretty rare. Don't even see any stuff on the web to get an idea of what a decent price would be. But the auction just went over what I'd probably stick to as top price for me today:rolleyes:. Maybe I'll run across one in transparent red some time!

drewcp and Loin Lover like this.
  9. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

Yikes, went for $271 plus shipping. Another pointless bidding frenzy, that may result in a relisting if the buyer gets cold feet after doing more sales history.

10. DJGranite

DJGranite Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2012
    maine
    You mean like this? 100_6956.JPG

And you MIGHT get mine for $300...… Probably not though. :D

Loin Lover likes this.
  11. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    As stated earlier, finding several sales and/or asking prices for reference is difficult. I posted the auction because the rarity of Series 24 guits, especially the upper echelon S-73 and M-77, in the used sales market have been few and far between.
    Quick twitternet search finds a few 2 years and older sales ranging from $240-$280. Yes, most of us seek and love to find a bargain. In the current market is $270-$300 a fair price for this (presuming condition is good)?

drewcp likes this.
  12. DJGranite

DJGranite Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2012
    maine
    Truthfully it is a excellent guitar, they only made them in 2002-2004 so not very many made. I think the reasons you don't see them for sale often is a combination of small numbers and people that have them aren't in a hurry to part from them.
    I could tell the guy I bought mine from hated to let it go, he said so, and it was all over his face (he got it new) but he was trying to finance a new guitar.
    I've only seen the one I bought, for sale locally, and really its the only one I've seen in person.
    I fit into the not really looking to part with it category :)
    I Think in good condition, $300 or possibly more, as time goes on is a decent price, not a steal, not a rip off.
    This is just my opinion, not a definitive statement.

-r3-, Loin Lover and drewcp like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice