PSA: Offset CV versions of VMs are quite different. If you want closer to vintage VM specs...

Discussion in 'Squier Vintage Modified models' started by optofonik, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    What is the official release date in the UK? I’ve been looking around, a friend told me about the 20th of this month but I don’t know for sure. It’s also gonna be a while till they’re available in shops, like when the new Fender Player series came out here, you could get them online but were always sold out in shops for a bit

I’m looking forwards to seeing these and testing them out. I could do with a cheaper guitar, might save up for one of these if I like them when trying out and if the reviews will be good

I know people gonna expect a high standard here since they are CV’s (I love the CVC Tele) we’ll see how they’re like

optofonik likes this.
  2. Funny thing was I sold the same model a week before for considerably more. I just stumbled onto that deal and actually waited several days before going back to buy it. Sometimes things just work out in your favor.

Cheers, Barrie.

optofonik likes this.
  3. horax

horax Dr. Squier

Aug 9, 2010
    colorado springs
    I love the DD pickups in the VM series. Dial back volume by 15% and you’re in vintage land tone wise.

I have a vm jag and was looking at the cv line. Love the idea of nickel hardware and inlays with binding. Not a fan of pau ferro fretboards. The rest looks ok and they are the same price as the vm right now.

Don’t see a big reason to change over. Might just drop in a fender trem into my vm and call it good, but even that isn’t really necessary

optofonik and VealCutlet like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Mexican Fenders are Pau Ferro. Squiers are Indian Laurel.

optofonik and Caddy like this.
  5. horax

horax Dr. Squier

Aug 9, 2010
    colorado springs
    Meh...not rosewood. ;)

optofonik and Caddy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice