Pro Tone vs E10 vs Fender MIM?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by SitarGod, Dec 2, 2019.

Next Strat?

1. E10

20.0%
  2. Pro Tone

20.0%
  3. Mexican

60.0%
  1. SitarGod

SitarGod Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2019
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Hey lads and lasses with the festive season coming up I'm looking at picking up a new strat fairly soon, I picked up a YN strat awhile ago now which is a great player that I was considering throwing some nice pickups in and maybe replacing the trem but I'd prefer a maple fretboard as I'm not gelling with the rosewood, I've eyed up two korean strats, a pro tone and an E10 for pretty much the same price.

For similar prices I could probably pick up a MIM fender so I'm unsure what to go for as I've never played either of koreans and the mexicans I've played have all been pretty nice. What would you guys suggest picking up out of the three and how do they compare to something like a CV which go for cheaper than all of them?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. SitarGod

SitarGod Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2019
  3. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Their all pretty close to each other as far as quality goes. Their gonna play and feel a lot different tho... 87' Korean models are kinda unique among Squiers in that the maple fretboard and rosewood fretboard strat versions had different neck profiles, with the maple neck version having a soft V type thing going on... The differences on the necks is gonna be rather big among those models. Protone neck for example is satin finish while the E10 is gonna be gloss... The E10 is also gonna be among the thinnest necks ever put on a Squier. If not the thinnest... So ya might wanna consider if ya like chunkier necks or thin. Satin finish or gloss... That's probably the best way to decide whats gonna be best for ya... If ya don't like thin necks u want nothing to do with an E10 57' MIK strat...

cool gouhl and Viking like this.
  4. Zeedoctour

Zeedoctour Squier Talker

Feb 19, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah I'll echo those remarks and say if the guitars are stock, the biggest difference is going to be in the necks. The rest of the variations are not going to be very great.

5. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    The Protones are highly spoken of
    Good luck whatever you decide, I think you’re safe with each choice

Eddie likes this.
  6. SitarGod

SitarGod Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2019
    Great response mate cheers, I was actually leaning towards the E10 because of the gloss neck vs Satin but I was thinking the pro tone would be the one with the thinner neck! I'll probably head down to Dawson's and get a feel for a thinner neck as I've only played chunkers up to now but I have fairly big hands so I can see myself not liking the thinner profile of the E10.

7. SitarGod

SitarGod Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2019
    Cheers lads as I saw I'll see if I can find something with a similar neck profile and finish to them both at a music shop and decide from there

Matt Shevell likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice