Please help me identify this Dean "strat".

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by stratman420, Apr 14, 2019.

1. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Hey guys, please help me identify this Dean. I purchased it new in Chile in 2013. I believe I paid around 120-150 USD for it. The body is identical to a full thickness stratocaster. While it's nothing fancy by any means, and one of the cheapest guitars in the store, it has a lot of sentimental value. Everything is stock, although eventually plan on replacing the pups with EMG 81 for the bridge and 60 for the neck.

I have no idea what factory this was made in, other than it was made inIndonesia. The tuners are horrible, but apart from that it plays great, the action is great, and the stock PUPs are suprisingly really hot, yet clean up great for the neck position. It sounds great in Drop B.

Included are pictures. Any information would be appreciated. I don't even know the model name, or anything. I do love the headstock though, as I dislike the vendetta headstocks and whatever is on the low end Deans for sale these days.

Thanks in advance.

ATTACH=full]126309[/ATTACH] 20190414_193319.jpg 20190414_193250.jpg 20190414_193359.jpg

Attached Files:

2. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    @Lonn is the resident dean guy I think.

3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

81 in the neck 85 or 60 in the bridge yo !

4. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Some sort of Custom Zone model.

5. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    The Custom Zones have a body more similiar to the G&L Rampage. This is an exact strat body. I'll try to take better pictures here shortly.

EDIT: I guess older Custom Zones had a strat body, but with a reverse headstock and all I've seen have floyd rose style tremelos.

EDIT 2: Thank you though, I think you are on the right track with like you said, it being some sort of Custom Zone model or perhaps budget version of the custom zone, idk.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    SquierTap and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-Nut

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    https://reverb.com/item/2436167-dean-custom-zone-black?show_sold=true

Kenneth Mountain and stratman420 like this.
  7. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    SquierTap and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  8. stratman420

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Apparently it's a C250, nothing to do with the Custom Zone series which makes it even more confusing. Found one on reverb that sold for $35. Extremely underrated guitar for that price. If I picked up this guitar without knowing anything about it, in the horrible condition it's physically in, I would gladly play 175, but even though I guess it's worthless in the market, it's priceless to me, as I said, sentimental value and the story behind it.

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  9. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Aww, c'mon, man... You can't just leave us hangin like that! Lol... Go on and tell us the guitar's story and why it's sentimental... If ya want to, that is... That's why we're here, man...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice