Pintos and cornbread tonight

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Papa Joe, Mar 15, 2019.

1. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

Hoping to do some Soda bread tomorrow night with copious amounts of Guinness...

2. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    Pinto's cooked in the crock pot with ham hock, onions, salt and pepper with fried taters and corn bread. It takes a lot longer to cook them at 6500'. We let'em simmer over night on low. We have them the next night too...that's when the gas kicks in.

3. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-Nut

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    Mmmmmmm love me some beans and ham. I also like charo beans, throw in a couple tomatos, onions, jalapeno and cilantro, refried beans, then chili bean style. I am a pinto bean conisuier.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    I make a mean bread myself. It's the famous no-knead recipe. It's fun experimenting with different recipes and have tested several including whole wheat varieties. I add a local fresh cheese with a combination of sundried tomato, olives/capers or mushrooms topped with toasted sesame seeds.

Here is one from last week. I let the dough ferment for 12 hours before baking in a preheated oven for 1 hour:

IMG-20190309-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20190309-WA0003.jpeg

5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I've never tried bread..That looks good..
    I wish my wife had left her recipe for bread..It was world class..

Stratlover84 likes this.
  6. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Hope you enjoyed your meal though!! Oh, and the bread - some people can't be bothered with making bread, but this No-Knead recipe is so simple it should be a crime!

7. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    One of the benefits of working in the family bakery. Wheat, Rye, Italian, white, sourdough.Not to mention corn bread, corn muffins, Irish soda bread, scones, hot cross buns,etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice