Pink Bullet or White SE for mod

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by guitarking65, Sep 9, 2019.

1. guitarking65

guitarking65 Squier Talker

Apr 30, 2019
    Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
    got itch for another Strat to fix and mod. Looking at at pink bullet 2008 or 2009 model, the one with larger body and nicer neck. Got a think for pink strats but know it’s not the more desirable shell pink color. The SE looks like it’s in good condition and stock. Either could be had for about $100 Canadian. My other strats are roadworn in white now creamy color with mint green guard and the other the seafoam or surf green FSR C V .

The SE may be better base but something about that bullet

mb doug and dbrian66 like this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    2008 or 2009 Bullet would not have a full thickness body....it would be a bit thicker I think that normal production 1.5" or so but not more than maybe 1.6 to 1.65" - might not fit a big block.

The SE is a better deal for $100 I'd say. I'm used to paying less than $80 or so for Bullets....

fattboyzz, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  3. guitarking65

Apr 30, 2019
    Your right about body thickness , not a legit Strat width but slightly thicker than some others. I think a min bridge fits if you leave off the back plate which I would.

SEs are fairly common . I have seen 3 white ones in last while around here.

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. Brocephus

Brocephus Squier-Meister

Jul 3, 2017
    Georgia
    I can't imagine you're going to get any votes around here for the Bullet, over an SE (in fact, I'm kinda surprised you even asked ! :D)

5. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
  6. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I don't even really like the SE guitars. I pretty much only buy them cheap to fix them up and flip, to get a decent guitar into someone's hands for cheap that's set up and ready to rock.

But yeah, SE over a Bullet basically any day, unless you're after a hard tail or a very specific relatively obscure (non SE) color.

Brocephus and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  7. pflug

pflug Squier-Meister

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
    Definitely SE for mod- size of a real strat rather than a toy one LOL

If you play your cards right buy the white SE and flip it for enough profit to replace it with a black SE and buy a better bridge, pickups, and supplies for a pink paint job

drewcp likes this.
  8. guitarking65

Apr 30, 2019
    I figured most would go for the SE but thought there would be a little live for those COB bullets , presumed better year model 2008-09. Tuners and pickups probably upgraded on the cheap possibly a ssh setup

9. brians

brians Squier-Nut

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    I have a COB 2009 bullet and I really love it.
    Its a little thinner than my MIM but not dramatically. It has the most awesome neck, nice thick rosewood slab.

It's my daily player. It was bought new by my close friend in 2010 and I bought it from him, so it's like I've had it since new.

Its a great player after a good setup.
    And it's bone stock except for the pickguard. I keep threatening to upgrade this and that, then I play it , and find no reason to change anything.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

10. LonePhantom

LonePhantom Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    I have a COB 2008 Bullet, and I love it too. Body is only a marginal amount thinner, and the neck is amazing. I'd prefer maple and 22 frets, but it plays brilliantly. I decked the whole thing out with all the trimmings, but in all seriousness, the pickups were pretty decent. Tuner/nut/string tree upgrade, and some extra shielding in the pickup and control cavity, and you'e got a brilliant little player that would stand tall against most guitars.

brians likes this.
  11. brians

brians Squier-Nut

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    Yes, if you have one, you understand. They are special , the 08/09 Bullets and not so easy to find now I think.

12. Brocephus

Brocephus Squier-Meister

Jul 3, 2017
    Georgia
    Well now you're piqued my curiosity, so how do you identify these '08-'09's ?

drewcp likes this.
  13. I picked up a COS 11 Bullet a couple of years ago, cheap. I sold it 5 days later and doubled my money … couldn't wait to get it out of my hands.
    Cheers, Barrie.

Bullet.jpg

Davey likes this.
  14. brians

brians Squier-Nut

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    Its easy, you can instantly tell by the COB serial no, here's a pic of mine, the first two digits are the year[​IMG]

Brocephus likes this.
  15. brians

brians Squier-Nut

Oct 1, 2017
    South Africa
    Why was it so bad for interest ? I don't know what the COS bullets are.

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  16. I was curious about the Bullet line. It just needed too much to make it a decent guitar … and that thin body:confused:.
    Cheers, Barrie.

Davey likes this.
  17. zammie

zammie Squier Talker

Apr 12, 2013
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Get the SE for the better specs. The other isn't even the shell pink you prefer right?

Scuff up the finish and respray the SE in the correct colour you want.

Davey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice