Peavey Vypyr Pro 100

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Archangelmm, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:01 PM.

1. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Any thoughts on this modeling amp?

Found one in mint condition close by for a good price with the Sampero Pro foot controller, I had the Fender Mustang IV v2 and sold it because I did not like the tones or patches, I saw this video from TTK, the Tone King and thought maybe I should reconsider eventually getting a modeler.

Peavey Vypyr Pro owner said the reason the amp is so cheap is because the input jack fell inside the amp and needs to be put back in place.

is this something that can be easily fixed or should this be a deal breaker?

Thank you

Michael

2. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I didn't even realize that this existed.

drewcp and Archangelmm like this.
  3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Well, just to be honest, I've got a little Vypyr 15 that's my inside practice amp but before it was that, it was my main recording amp before I got the Katana... It's one of the little second generation models... But for what it's worth, the amount of great sounding options are killer... But in particular, the "Twin" model is an AMAZING clean tone, and to be honest, it sounds just as good (if not better) than my Katana... And the JSX and 6505 models are great for Metallica like crunch with humbuckers... And EVERY amp model on mine has an overdrive option...

Ya gotta think, Peavey has been doin amp modeling before it was even called amp modeling (TransTube, anyone?) Lol...

Add in a TON of great sounding effects, delay and reverb,
    and PLENTY of pre-set slots, and what else could ya ask for at the price...

And as far as the repair, if it's just an input, that shouldn't be that difficult... It's not like you have to mess with anything besides some light soldering...

Archangelmm and Mr Bones like this.
  4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    The repair isn’t hard if you have an idea and how to solder it in, There are a lot of videos out there on the Tube that could possibly help you and if you are curious and want to learn, give it a shot but it might take you a while

Archangelmm likes this.
  5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Well, another thing to consider; I don't know what kind of price the guy is talkin, but one thing that these Vypyrs ain't is expensive... They were fairly cheap brand new... As a matter of fact, I paid $99 for mine, brand new, about 4 years ago... Now, granted, mine is the 15 watt model with a 10" speaker, but even the big dogs weren't that much... Like @Kenneth Mountain always says "Due Diligence"... Check how much they go for before you fork out for a busted amp... Jus' sayin'...

Kenneth Mountain and Archangelmm like this.
  6. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Peavey Vypyr Pro 100 $599.94 new

Peavey Sanpera Pro Vypyr Pro Dual Foot Controller $349.94 new

Seller is asking $395 for the Peavey Vypyr Pro 100 and $200 for the Sanpera Pro foot controller.

Per seller:
    The amp is 1 year old, input jack fell back inside the amp and needs to be put back in place but the amp sound awesome (I just moved and don't have the time or patience to get inside the amp which why it's a huge discount).

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    The way they make it SOUND, the input isn't even broken... Just fell in the amp... If that IS the case, that's a 10 mm or 3/8 nut, and maybe a washer...

Archangelmm and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice