Partscasters on the burner?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by surf green, Nov 13, 2019.

1. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    With temps in the 20's, we decided to make it a short work today. Knowing that winter's here, I mocked up some future "indoor work". Here is what I came up with. Top-Allparts TRO Fat neck and Monoprice Classic full size tele bod, pickups undecided, mini HB up front maybe. Mid-Fernandes worn seafoam bod, was setup with Bigsby so there's some holes to fill. '08 Squier Custom neck dropped right in, got an old set of raunchy Fender Joe Strummer pickups that may get the call. Bottom- Collection of CV50 neck and bod parts, GM '57 HB alnico II for the neck, w/a lost bag of CV hardware (gotta be around here somewhere). These and a heavy heating bill should get me well into the winter.
    What's on your burner?
    DSCN3469.JPG

edchavez, Mr Bones, jjudas and 3 others like this.
  2. Awesome ! … I've only ever had two on the go at a time.
    Cheers, Barrie.

MrYeats and surf green like this.
  3. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just picked up a shell pink nitro strat body.Was thinking about an 80's metal build.Waiting for the XGP tele body to come in stock.Got a few necks and different pick ups to choose from.Should keep me busy for awhile.

4. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
  5. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I've had absolutely zero luck trying to sell this VM70s body loaded with MIM electronics so I'll probably end up putting on the SE neck I've had hanging around for a year or so. It's needs just one spot of fret leveling, a painted headstock and some tuners to be perfect. That pickguard still has to go.

[​IMG]

Mr Bones and surf green like this.
  6. Pics with the pickguard opened up showing the guts might just help, and like you say p/g gotsta go.
    Cheers, Barrie.

7. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Those pics were in the ad.

8. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    @MrYeats , that's quite a bleepin' stash. I hope no one was injured when the twister came through!

9. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    that was Dallas, 400 miles from here, but thanks...All is well here.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice