Out of all the pickups on all your guitars ....

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by IronSchef, Dec 23, 2018.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Strat neck pickup if I had to choose just one.. If It were a Telecaster i'd do middle with both pups.

2. brodg68

brodg68 Squier Talker

Jun 11, 2017
    NC
    I'd have to say middle pickup - whatever they are on my MIA 94 strat....or the guitar madness alnico two's in my bullet strat build.....only one you say?

3. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    In that case you'd love the Bourbon..It's what the Bourbon is basically..

4. Toddcaster64

Toddcaster64 Squier-holic

Apr 1, 2013
    Camarillo, CA
    After thinking more, I have to go with the actual CuNiFe WRHB in the bridge of my Fender Tele Deluxe. It doesn’t just do everything, which in and of itself would be good - it does everything GREAT. It’s warm, it is articulate, it can go clean, it can jangle, it can snarl, and it can crunch. I paid a small fortune for them but never regretted it one bit.

5. rolloman

rolloman Squier-Nut

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    I've found my genre finally. Chickin pickin so it would be the Cavalier Bakersfield bridge pup in one of my tele's.

6. mikm

mikm Dr. Squier

Jun 4, 2012
    NY
    Right now I have 3 strats. Every time I play a strat I end up gravitating to position 2. It's by far the position I play on the most!

7. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Squier-Meister

Jan 2, 2018
    KcMo
    My Cavalier Phoenix Firebird neck pickup in my partscaster telebird.

8. mbroadus

mbroadus Squier-Meister

Dec 31, 2012
    jax
    Fun Thread, But shouldn't it be Which pick-up position into what amp?

9. dtsreiuqs

dtsreiuqs Squier-Nut

Oct 18, 2015
    France
    Middle position is my all-around one, on any of my guitar with 2 or 3 pickups. That said, I of course use all pickups and all combinations depending on tone needed, right ?

If I had to build a guitar for playing all styles but with only one pickup, I would place that pickup in middle position. Something like below :

[​IMG]

A+!

10. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Fender Baja 50s Tele, Fender Broadcaster pickup, bridge position. Its native tone is big, fat twang, but, with a good amp, and some twisting of volume and tone knobs, it covers a lot of territory.

11. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Neck pup Gibson ES 330 is magical to my ears.

12. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I JUST got my 4 way wiring kit in the mail... And it's goin in my vintage blonde '50's CV with the Alnico IIIs... I'm pretty psyched to give this a shot... Was the mod difficult? The only part that kinda "spooks" me is removin the jumper wire from the neck pup's case and attaching that lead there...

13. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I'm "rain-checking" this post, lol... I JUST got a 4 way Tele switch kit from ToneShapers that I'll hopefully be installing in my vintage blonde '50's CV with the Alnico IIIs later today... Which is a little intimidating because the only thing I've soldered up to this point has been prewired Strat pickguards, so wish me luck... If all goes well with this, my next project is upgraded blender wiring in my MIM '97 Stratocaster...

14. ChinaCatSunflower

ChinaCatSunflower Squier Talker

Oct 18, 2018
    USA
    Middle pickup on my Squier Bullet Strat... a GFS Alnico 2.

15. Worshipcaster

Worshipcaster Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    This isn't fair at all...having a hard out here thinking :D:p

Kenneth Mountain and IronSchef like this.
  16. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Well some folks seem to have a little trouble snipping that ground loose from the cover..Just use good sense and you'll be fine..
    But as I said earlier, I leave the cover off sometimes..I prefer it that way..
    I believe I can hear a difference in sound..for the better..

17. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Bridge pup with dirt on all my Strats. Especially my Fender Bk Strat with a SD STK-S6. (noiseless version of the SSL-5)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  18. darkheart

darkheart Squier Talker

Dec 5, 2018
    Runnemede
    Lundgren custom-voiced neck humbucker on my Hagstrom Three Kings

Kenneth Mountain and ElRey67 like this.
  19. DougMen

DougMen Squier-Nut

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    The neck pickup on a good Strat or Tele is the most magic tone ever, IMHO.

20. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I have a partscaster with a single pickup in the bridge position with a single volume knob. The pickup is a GFS Nashville Retrotron designed for the bridge position. It is the richest and fullest sounding single pickup I have in my collection and I use it mostly for either drop D or open D tuning. Has some great bottom end with some nice sparkly highs.

Partscaster 2.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice