ORDERED MY FIRST TELE!~

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Tconroy, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    I went to try one out Monday and really liked it but not the color. G.C. by me had one so I went today on my lunch break to look at it. AWFUL! to say the least. Pickguard plastic piece scratched thru to the actual pickguard. The frets look very dirty and felt like sandpaper and there was a crack in the front of the body just about halfway down to the neck. When I looked at the edge by the jack plate it looks at if someone had dropped it from about waist high and shattered the poly down to the actual wood! So I just pulled the trigger and ordered one. Affintiy special butterscotch blonde. I dont like buying something I cant play first but I have played a few of these and they seem the same. Im sure mine will be fine after a string change and fret ends sanded smooth and frets polished which I plan to do as soon as I plug it in and play for a little while.

2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Congrats. Post pictures when it arrives.

3. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Congratulations! I hope your ordered one arrives in pristine condition. Happy future new guitar day.

4. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Congrats! I’m excited for you. It’s always fun waiting for a new toy to come in the mail!

5. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I tried to buy a scratch and dent Tele from them last year. The sales guy on the phone said it had a piece of finish about the size of half a quarter missing from the front, with the wood showing. I still didn't give up and asked him what kind of a discount I could get. He checked with the manager and they came back with something stupid like $15 off, so I got the Tele from a different store. With a big ding like that I'd think they'd be willing to knock off a significant amount of the price to get rid of it, but I guess that's not how that manager thought.

6. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    butterscotch ... mmmm!

HNTD in advance!

7. tumby1974

tumby1974 Squier Talker

Jan 3, 2019
    St. Louis, MO
    I've been thinking about that affinity tele as well, as my first telecaster. But then I came into a few extra dollars and have been eyeing a fender player telecaster that I tried at GC and it felt nice.

8. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Just think what they'd tell somebody bringing that same guitar in to sell or trade!

9. elfnub

elfnub Squier Talker

Oct 15, 2019
    SE OHIO, USA
    You may not even have to do any fretwork with your Chinese Telecaster. I know I didn't on my Indonesian. It came perfect, no fretwork needed.

10. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Maple neck ?

2018-12-10 09.15.43.jpg

11. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
  12. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Squier-Meister

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Congrats on the new addition. You may not need to do any fret work. My sons Affinity played sweet, right out of the showroom. I bought it last Christmas for him, a mere $129 @ M. Friend.
    PS Theres something about maple necks that I like. Rosewood/Ebony are cool, but the Maple neck, especially an aged one.
    20190102_201559.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    RoyalWe, Squittolo, so1om and 4 others like this.
  13. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    Yes maple neck just like that. It is the special edition whatever that means.

14. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    They start the mark up at 40% profit and deduct after it has sat and not been sold. They really dont make a lot on used stuff after its been there awhile. There is a you tube video on how the used ones sell and how they come up with the trade in price.

15. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    News Flash! they got my order wrong. When I called to see if I was going to get a tracking number the customer service person said I purchased it in the store. I said no I did not! That one is trashed but the web sight said available for store pickup. So they called the store and put me on hold. Came back and said they have to cancel the order as a return and get me a new one but there is none in the warehouse. They found 3 in the box in Wisconsin so they did a store to store delivery and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. If I had not called customer service today I would have been screwed big time! These have been back ordered till after x-mas!

16. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Good thing you called!!! That would have been a huge disappointment.

17. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    Congrats in advance. I’m sure you’re gonna love it when it f I n a l l y gets there :)

18. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Sorry to hear that it's taking a while. My Affinity Tele is terrific, but I've seen others in stores that needed minor fret sanding. Once you do that, though, you'll enjoy it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  19. David UK

David UK Squier Talker

Nov 20, 2019
    England
    A brand spanking new Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde, you lucky, chap enjoy:D

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  20. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    I could have ordered it from the ma and pop shop by me earlier this week and had it today. He orders straight from fender but I thought that "available today" meant they had it in the box. All the G.C's. in my area, (3 of them within 15 miles) only have the floor demo ones. When I called my G.C. they guy said" we have one on the floor and it looks real good". From halfway across the store it probably did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice