Opinions on hardtail bridge 22 fret HH Cort G100HH?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Stratlover84, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Anyone have any experience with these guitars? I'm interested mainly because of the 22 fret 12" radius neck, but also because it has twin humbuckers and a fixed hardtail bridge. What do you think? They come in a walnut color, worn cherry and black. This is just to mod and perhaps will become a beater, go to guitar for practice.

[​IMG]

2. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Bumped to top because I am ready to pull trigger but needed some reference from ST members :D

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  3. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Trigger pulled and on its way home but still curious about others experiences.... third and final bump and then I give up..

mdparent03 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. mbroadus

mbroadus Squier-Meister

Dec 31, 2012
    jax
    Looks great to me, Cort makes nice stuff, how much?

5. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    I'm interested in a couple of Corts right now as well. I've been looking at their website but it seems to be down at the moment.

6. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    I know Cort has made Squier guitars in the past, not sure whether that's still the case or not but I checked out their website and they have some killer looking guitars (their site was working just fine until yesterday). For a low end model, the G100HH meets all of the requirements I had for modding a versatile guitar, minus the rosewood fretboard, but I can deal with the maple :D

I am pretty sure the Powersound Humbuckers are ceramics made by Cort and I already have a spare set of Seymour Duncans (Custom and Jazz) in case the stock pups don't make the cut. Everything else about it screams Squier Standard to me (the tuners, 22 fret neck and 2 point bridge) although the fretboard radius is 12" and the bridge is a hardtail. The bridge will make changing tunings a breeze, compared to other strat-like guitars. Not thinking of modding much besides the pickups and perhaps the knobs.

Anyway, I really am getting ahead of myself as I've yet to receive the guitar. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands this evening for a review and a NGD post.

7. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Cort makes great guitars. I’m pretty sure my Ibanez RG is a Cort and that guitar is awesome.

I’ve been watching this one on OU as the price keeps getting lowered. It’s very tempting, but I need another guitar right now like I need another hole in my head! :)

BD0A2549-5714-49D5-A9CA-200534BFDC49.png

8. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    I don't need anymore guitars really, but being the constant tone-chasers and experimentalists that we are, we need to satisfy that curiousity...

Plus, of all my maple neck guitars, none of them have a humbucker in the bridge so... :D

I am excited about this Cort guitar and found some great demos of it on youtube:

9. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    The shop is carrying them in the last couple of months. I have one of the acoustic electric models, and I am looking at the model right above that one, that has the stop piece with LP style bridge instead of the fixed hardtail strat bridge.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM
  10. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    Website is up. Just dismiss the /en from cortguitars.com

Stratlover84 and dbrian66 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice