Only in Florida

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DougMen, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    A man in Miami turned down $1.8M for this shack because he believes that it's on sacred ground. dims.jpg That's crazy high, even for Silicon Valley and Hawaii real estate prices. And there is a lot of land here that's considered sacred.

VealCutlet and dbrian66 like this.
  2. optofonik

optofonik Squier-holic

Personal values and beliefs over money? The world would be a better place with more like him.

VealCutlet, dbrian66 and TurtleFang like this.
  3. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Is that on the beach?.. maybe he sells sand shark burgers and sea salt fries.. could get 2 mil when the right investor comes along..

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    I see some high rise buildings in the background. Turning down $1.8 made a strong statement. But eventually even "scared" has a price.

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Sacred ground in Miami? Maybe it's a crystal Methodist church.

dbrian66, wildelectric and Loin Lover like this.
  6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Looks more like hippie ground :D:D:D

squierplayer and dbrian66 like this.
  7. Hotrodleroy

Hotrodleroy Squier-holic

Dec 7, 2011
    USA
    Throw in a free condo, after they tear it down and build a high rise condo building there and you got a deal.

squierplayer and dbrian66 like this.
  8. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Easy to say if you have money, but you can't eat values. You really expect us to believe that you'd turn it down?

dbrian66 and optofonik like this.
  9. optofonik

optofonik Squier-holic

Of course I do. I've done it all my life. When I was a young man and still a practicing Christian I turned down a contract with "Word" because I didn't feel strong enough in my faith to bear witness on the scale that was expected. Throughout my career I have regularly chosen not to work with certain people or on certain gigs; giving up hundreds of thousands of dollars in income as a result. One situation in particular would have netted me enough money to buy a modest cabin in the mountains; outright.

Every "thing" you posses can be taken away by circumstance or unscrupulous people. No circumstance, no person, zero, nothing can take your values away from you. You can only give them away of your own free will. I may yet die a pauper when my time has come but I will not ever choose to avoid poverty or hardship by denying the values that give my life meaning.

As far as "eating"? There is always a meal to be had.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    squierbilly likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice