On a mission

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by guitar guy, Sep 1, 2019.

1. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    So, we all have the guitars that we regret getting rid of. Well, I've quit and started back so many times now that there are quite a few on that list. So I've decided that I'm not regretting it anymore. Today I took the first step in stepping back in time to reclaim those guitars. My very first guitar was a black Peavey Raptor Plus with the 3/4 body size and the 3x3 headstock.

Just pulled a hair trigger on one on eBay.

[​IMG]

Here's a list of the rest of the guitars that need reclaiming;
    Ibanez S370DX
    Metallic Red Peavey Mystic
    Black Fender MIM Strat
    White Fender MIM Strat
    Gibson Melody Maker SG
    Squier Bullet Strat with D. Allen Flat tops (I mostly miss the pickups)

In any case I'll update this thread as I make magic happen.

2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  3. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    It'll be a while till this list gets finished, lol. I still need to rethink storage options for all of this stuff.

Robb, ElRey67 and dbrian66 like this.
  4. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Happy new guitar day..
    Good luck on the reclamation project...
    I really want to see you get your mystic..
    I'll keep an eye out for you.. :)

5. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Black Fender MIM Strat ... gonna be a while before you can find THAT one!! :p

Have fun on your quest :)

Treynor, guitar guy and dbrian66 like this.
  6. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    So far, I have not sold a guitar that I own. I've traded a few amps and pedals but no guitars. I've got everything from a FrankenStrat single pickup guitar made up of spare parts to a gorgeous red sparkle Gretsch G5420T. Problem is, my wife and I are considering living full time in our 5th wheel so that will throw a monkey wrench into keeping all my guitars. I just don't know which ones I would be willing to part with. Some of them I built which makes them special and others just play so well, I want to keep them for just that reason. I just don't know where I would store 20 guitars on an RV. :)

Robb, so1om, wildelectric and 3 others like this.
  7. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Build a custom temp and humidity controlled luggage rack for them. Or rent a space.

Robb, -r3- and dbrian66 like this.
  8. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Same here. Good luck to you though, @guitar guy.

Robb and guitar guy like this.
  9. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Very cool idea! I wish you all the luck you need on your quest! It will be fun watching this thread as you start checking them off.

Robb and guitar guy like this.
  10. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Most of them won't be quick. That mystic will fetch around $500. I won't be able to do that in a single move for a bit, Unless I hit the lottery or go back to school.

Robb, cool gouhl and dbrian66 like this.
  11. drneilmb

drneilmb Squier-Meister

Jun 8, 2019
    Iowa, USA
    I'd rent a home for them while you're in the RV. You can fit a lot of guitars in a 5x5 storage unit.

Or, foster them out to Squier-talk members! Most of us would love to have another guitar to play for a while, but probably have so many that we won't mind selling it right back to you when you land somewhere more permanent. :)

TimTheViking, kjmac and guitar guy like this.
  12. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Congratulations on getting back a piece of your history. I quit playing for about 20 years and when I started again I went lookimg to replace a couple of the most sentimental ones. One wasn't to hard to find but cost me a little, the other was more obscure and took me 10 years to stumble across one. But when I found the last one it gave me a feeling of completion. Good luck on your list.

guitar guy and Best1989 like this.
  13. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    I will say this though...it will be hard to find it at the price I bought it for in perfect condition and with a hard case...$200. was the main reason why I bought a black one.

14. Worshipcaster

Worshipcaster Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    :D At first glance I was like "Oh, he's done regretting" as in not letting that feeling bother him any longer...

Then came the Guitar Reclamation Act

Let's do that! :cool:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    guitar guy likes this.
  15. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Well I still have some regret about giving up my first guitar.
    It was an absolute beauty and no one I knew or have known since then (1986 or so) has owned one.
    But I made amends about 12 years after that loss. I didn't get the same guitar, mind you, but I was making so much money in '98 from the per-diem jackpot of travelling for work, that I bought a brand new Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop. This guitar took the sting away and has satisfied me for 21 years.
    I don't think I'll ever be compelled to replace my first guitar, but If I ever do, I'll need to look for this

upload_2019-9-1_17-26-38.png
    (pic is not the actual guitar)
    MIJ Yamaha SBG2000

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  16. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    I missed a couple...
    Ibanex AX in some form...think I had a 120, but I had others, including the bass which I acquired a replacement last year.

Ibanez Caiman
    Silver Ibanez ART-100

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  17. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area

Nope, I had a gax 70...

18. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Lol, well that didn't take long...

There's a GAX70 in my trunk. Another one to cross off of the list.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  19. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Nut

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    The 'price I originally bought it for' criteria is going to be the big rub if it applies generally in your list, I think.

You're getting into unicorn territory with the black Strat alone at that cost, unless a current owner is maybe ok with taking some money plus trade gear.

This did just pop up, though.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=273985740986

Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    guitar guy likes this.
  20. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Yeah I did see that. Thanks for looking out. I'm not going to be able to afford that one this month. I still have a Motorcycle tank to repair and welding supplies to buy, and Credit cards that are behind. If I find cheap sub $100 guitars, those are possible...but I cannot swing the $300 plus shipping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice