NUAD

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by squierTony, Nov 13, 2019.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    Probably a combination of tubes and speaker.

drewcp, dbrian66, Treynor and 2 others like this.
  2. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    In my C30 I never used any tubes other than the stock ones, but my Jolida EL84 powered stereo amp came with Sovtek tubes, but I also tried some JJs and EIs. I liked the EI tubes (unfortunately they're no longer in business), but I didn't care for the JJs. It now has some MB branded Sovteks in it that I got from the guitar store where I worked when it needed new power tubes, 'cause we were the MB dealer here and so kept a pretty good stock of their tubes in case anyone needed new tubes for their Dual Recto, Lonestar, or other MB amp.

3. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    Very cool! Great amps! I like the older cabinet style like yours better than the new ones. I had two of these. Like to have them back.

dbrian66, MrYeats, SquierTap and 2 others like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I see it's one of the original US made ones, which both the ones I had were. I've never tried one of the Chinese made ones to see if they're just as good.

5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Awesome score Tony ! A Hearty Congrats !

6. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Very nice, congratulations, I have been trying to decide between the Classic 30, the Delta Blues 2x10 or the Delta Blues 1x15.

7. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Congrats I really liked mine but sold it.

8. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    The first one I had was the black Tolex version and I really wanted the tweed but couldn't find one for a decent price. This one is really exactly what I've been looking for and I'm out no cash. It was made in '96 and yes it's a USA made version as was the first one I had. I definitely prefer this version better than the newest one.

9. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    But ... but ... speaker is mounted upside down ! ! ! [​IMG]

10. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Congrats! I know I'm gonna eventually have to have one of those... Especially the tweed ones like your's, they're SO sharp... I'm a huge Peavey fan, and I've never even played one of their tube amps, lol...

But as far as it sounding different, that's one of the things that put me off tubes for the longest time; Every time you plug 'em they can be a lil different... Depending on the tubes, how much current it's drawing, etc... But over time I've came to the realization that that's not necessarily a bad thing... Congrats, again... She's a beaut!

11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I never tried the 2x10 one but the 115 wasn't as dynamic and touch responsive as the C30 IMO.

12. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Life is short - get all three ! ! They are all great ! !

dbrian66, squierTony and Archangelmm like this.
  13. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I'm happier than a 2 peckered goat with this one....

Kenneth Mountain and VealCutlet like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice