NPGD!!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by rbh32, Dec 7, 2018.

1. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    I just can’t seem to stop modding....:confused:
    This time I added a aged pearl pickguard to my DuoSonic and changed the bridge pickup to a GM Texas Special. Since there is already a GM premium middle pickup in the neck, I thought what the heck, might as well.. and it turned out great. I really liked the Duncan Little 59 I had in the bridge, but I had just put two humbuckers in my other guitar, so I thought I’d keep this one single coils only..
    Oh, and I made a cutout in the pickguard for truss rod adjustment without having to take anything apart. It’s right above the neck pickup.
    Here’s a before and after:
    2DC52711-A978-4E56-8CC8-3C510C4D44EE.jpeg 2B135BD0-FF01-4158-9584-21599CBBD959.jpeg

jjudas, mkgearhead, so1om and 2 others like this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I like the new pickgaurd. And I never understood why they would make the truss rod that hard to get to. Smart move making the cutout for that.

3. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Meister

Dec 7, 2018
    GA
    Love your 3-saddle Bridge Assembly

4. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    Thanks about the bridge.. I got them off EBay, but they have upgraded bolts from Ace hardware. I would get some Gotohs, but the string slots are just right and the intonation is good with these.

And I got the idea at the last minute for the truss rod adjustment cutout and went at it with a Dremel like a crazy person, but it turned out good. I remembered how much of a pain it was to take the pickguard off just to adjust it, and I didn’t have enough energy to talk myself out if it. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice