NPD

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by rbh32, Oct 2, 2018.

1. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    Just got done putting in the Seymour Duncan Little ‘59 I got from rolloman in the bridge of my Duo, and also put in a premium Alnico 5 RWRP (middle) single coil in the neck (from guitarmadness) I wanted a single coil from guitarmadness because I liked the p-94 and PAF humbucker I got so much, and I felt pretty confident about his pickups (he says people say that this premium single coils sound better than Fenders American Standard single coils). I only got the RWRP because it was rated at 6.6 and I wanted something that hopefully be in the same volume range as the little ‘59, which is 11.7 I think, and it turned out to be awesome!!!
    I had to reverse the wires on the single coil because it was out of phase when I wired it up the first time, and I got kind of worried that maybe the RWRP might be causing a problem, but it was a simple fix, and now I have 3 very distinct sounding positions in this thing. The single coil really impressed me, and I already was pretty confident that it would. Just awesome bluesy tone that I was looking for.. and the little ‘59 just rocks!!! And the middle position sounds like the best of both and sounds great in itself..
    sorry for the long post, just a little excited, I’ve been playing around with this thing for the last 4 hours after I got it out back together.. oh, and I got them in black and put some black knobs on it to match. Liking the tuxedo look..
    One more thing... I was really thinking about selling or trading my MXR prime distortion pedal before this swap, and now it’s not going anywhere!! It’s just so responsive and articulate now.. I ordered an MXR classic overdrive to hopefully get between clean and Metal, bc you can’t go THAT hard all the time.. lol. upload_2018-10-2_3-13-51.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Meister

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    Looks great!
    Congrats on the pickup

Kenneth Mountain and theflow like this.
  3. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Congrats ! SD 59's and Lil' 59's are my go to pups so I can relate ! That thong looks great !:D

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Man that looks great ! Congrats !

5. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Great info. I love my red 93 Fender MIM.....

Is the middle position both pickups? Or something else?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  6. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    Yeah, the middle position is both pickups. I was a little worried about single coil/humbucker mix, but they really do sound good together!!
    I also thought about putting the humbucker in parallel, but decided on in series, and I’m very happy I did. I can’t tell any volume change when I change positions, and that’s one of the things I was going for with this. I wanted the pedals to do the volume change to simplify things a little for me.
    I really can’t say enough good things about this GM premium single coil. It sounds smooth as silk clean, and I was surprised that with the prime distortion on, it is really responsive. Light strumming or picking and it still sounds clean with a little crunch, but the harder the strum/pick, the more distortion comes in. I really just expected all out distortion the whole tile with this pedal, and am glad I tried it out this way before I tried to get rid of it.
    The guy that sells them gives a lot of info about them in his listings, and that really helped me decide which one to get. Otherwise, I’d have been REALLY flying blind trying to find a match for this Little ‘59.
    And the Little ‘59.... I really don’t have to say much about how good it is. It works great with the 250 pots, so I didn’t really have to think about changing those. It’s just a crunchy little... well... humbucker. Not too much, but just enough for what I like.. and it can still metal if I turn all the dials up.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice