NPD EHX Oceans 11

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by so1om, Jun 11, 2018.

1. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Right now it looks like the deals are when eBay 9or GC or MF) presents a coupon offer, I did the 20% deal they had the other day. On eBay I was digging deep into sellers when considering the Fender Marine Layer. Best I found was about $10-$20 off street price, more or less, and some with patch cables and all that -or street with cables bundled in.

I have a hunch because they are new it may be awhile for a deal. Now I am looking for a used Canyon. !

duceditor likes this.
  2. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    @duceditor and others... @Pat V.

Here is a good comparison of reverbs only in regards to drip:

Also.. it clearly shows that while I like the Boss, I didn't want another Boss in the chain.

and another good comparison..

duceditor likes this.
  3. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I do like this guy, regular everyday playing. Decent script and camera and news I can use...

4. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I'll need to take the time with those. Thanks for sharing! :)

-don

so1om likes this.
  5. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    He does make note of a nuance that is ever so slight. Even I can hear the difference and I'm horrible at those things. They aren't bad, just different.

It'll be interesting to hear your take and analysis for the Surfboard 4 and Duo Verb and others.. Good stuff!

6. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I've not yet used the "4" except with the Mini. And that amp reveals everything. Too much for some uses.

In the case of the Surfboard it reveals it to be amazingly good instant coffee. -Something of worth and maybe even to marvel at, but not exquisite.

I'll need to plug it into the DV and the Twin and see how it sounds there.

Other pedals, too -- good ones -- through the Mini 5 are heard a bit too clearly. Like a portrait of an older woman shot without a softening filter.

This is not dissimilar to observations I think you have made, so1om, about sounds we hear at home that will never be noticed by an audience at a gig.

The FRV-1 is impure. That is by the standards of modern reverbs. But to we old timers it is magic.

Like old cars and stuff. New is usually actually better. But we talk of "soul" and whatnot and see them through the gauze of time.

Like older motorcyclists sometimes say: "The older I get the faster I used to be."

Uh huh. :)

-don

7. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I also meant those videos, your thoughts and combined with your own gear.