No more Chinese Classic Vibe models

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DougMen, Feb 28, 2019.

1. fenderzombie

fenderzombie Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2014
    oregon
    Looking at the Classic vibe and the vm, I see the the value of the classic vibe much higher than the vm. And would be highly collectable too,

2. I wish my crystal ball wasn't on the fritz. I might've been able to help you on that prediction. ;) Cheers, Barrie.

optofonik likes this.
  3. optofonik

optofonik Squier-holic

What details led you to your conclusion?

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  4. fenderzombie

fenderzombie Squier-Meister

Nov 24, 2014
    oregon
    From the time it was introduce a classic vibe 50 took off mostly mostly because it look like a classic 50s Stratocaster. And next to it was like classic 60. If look back at most postings, they were about the 50 how it looked and played. These guitar we’ll be up to ParWith the pro tonessquiers with the pro tones .

5. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Amid Fender's NAMM-announced changes like...

- Existing VMs getting some different features, being renamed CV, and still being produced in Indonesia
    - New CV models being produced in Indonesia

...I have not seen or heard any public statement from Fender about changes to the country of origin for CV 50s Telecasters and CV 50s and 60s Stratocasters.

I'd sure appreciate it if someone could provide a link to any Fender-produced info on this.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Taurus likes this.
  6. You mean postings on this Squier Talk forum? If so, that's a microcosm of owners driving that used market. Highly unlikely it will drive prices up on used CV50's.
    Cheers, Barrie.

optofonik likes this.
  7. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I recently bought a MIC Fender Special Player Tele and am very impressed. The fit and finish is excellent. The neck is good and straight and it has up scale hardware (Fullsize pots and Alnico pups). Even the tuners work well. I also have an Indonesian Bullet Strat, 2000 Chinese Affinnity Strat and a new Fender MIM Mustang 90. I really believe that if Fender is keeping a close eye on QC and build proceedures, you will probably get a good guitar for your buck regardless of it's country of origin. Fender player Strat.jpg Mustang 90-3.jpg Partscaster 1.jpg

Taurus likes this.
  8. Redwhiteandblues

Redwhiteandblues Squier-Nut

Mar 28, 2018
    North idaho
    Think it depends on what it is. My classic
    Vibe FSR tele was rumored only 250 made per color or maybe it was imported to the US? No idea pretty hard to find a straight answer on that kinda stuff.

optofonik likes this.
  9. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    Understanding it’s such a broad generalization as maybe to be meaningless, I’ll just say that, while I love my two CVs, across the board I have had more disappointments from China than Indonesia. So long as they do the management and investing well, there’s no reason a replacement can’t be as good or even better.

As for too much better or too much more expensive, I don’t think they can raise it much more than $50, since it would encroach too closely on the MiM price point. If one thing is clear about Fender and Gibson, it’s that they want a hard distinction between their Asian and North American lines, I don’t think they’d risk muddying the waters.

10. Fasteddie42

Fasteddie42 Squier Talker

Aug 3, 2018
    Tip of the mitt

I was the guy who mentioned this on tdpri.

Long story short.

Fender customer service rep #1 took my questions down and said he'd need a little while as my questions were pretty specific.main He got back to me a day or two later having apparently gotten a hold of "the squier guy", he said the entire cv line would move production to indonesia but not all at once. The cvc/50s/etc. Would be moved over to indonesia after the first product line roll out. He didnt have concrete details to offer, only the basic plan going forward.

I called back only days later with a few follow up questions. Talked with fender customer serive rep #2 who told me there was no squier guy to contact, he had no way of answering my questions, and no one knows anything until it happens..

It was a weird exchange. I didnt read to far into it as I've had experiences like this before (the difference in level of service and competence can be night and day between the reps).

I'm sure of only two things, fender is moving all classic vibe production out of china, its happening in phases.

The possibility of materials/specs/etc. changing is speculation at this point.(though not unfounded).

11. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    My questions to Fender are often referred to the "Squier guy" whoever he might be.
    Pretty funny!

12. optofonik

optofonik Squier-holic

The Squier Guy...

13. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Cool. Thanks. Based on the experiences of others, and me, Indonesian production is quite good.

14. Fasteddie42

Aug 3, 2018
    Tip of the mitt
    The Indonesian classic vibes fsr esquire is probably a good example of what's to come (for the 50's telecaster model).

15. Fasteddie42

Aug 3, 2018
    Tip of the mitt
    I didnt want to push the subject, I thought it would be weird to be like "listen here you punk, I KNOW there's a squier guy!".

But there is totally a squier guy and I have no idea why that particular rep was adiment there was absolutly nobody to ask squier related product questions lol

16. hodshonf

hodshonf Squier Talker

Dec 9, 2014
    costa mesa
    i have a 2014 Chinese CV '60s strat that i play more than my Suhr and my American Pro Tele.

i JUST ordered a 2019 Indonesian Squier CV '70s Black Strat for $349 from my local GC - i'll get it next week.

I plan on using it as a pup swapper.

The Indonesian thing didn't scare me away.

I have 2 Ibanez guitars built in Indonesia that are seriously superb instruments - with Fender, who knows.

GC has a 45 day return policy, so i'm not WORRIED at all.

I remember when i bought a few 2014 Squier CVs, everyone was SCREAMING about how ****ed up Chinese manufacturing was.

i joked back then how they would become sought after eventually - everything does.

and poplar? eegad, i doubt you could tell the difference with painted models.

i look forward to the trying out the new Indonesian models.

AND i will have the FIRST RUN - highly collectible when they move the plant again in a few years.

20190911_071236.jpg

drewcp likes this.
  17. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I highly doubt you will even need to change pickups.....those new Fender Designed vintage output alnico V's are amazing!

The only people complaining about Asian quality are the people who have never had an example in their hands. Guitar snobs.

eaglesgift, drewcp and hodshonf like this.
  18. hodshonf

hodshonf Squier Talker

Dec 9, 2014
    costa mesa

perhaps, but i have a loaded guard (on right) looking for a good home in a black guitar - SD dimebucker/ssl-3/lil 59

the guard on the left is a mint guard with the original 2014 CV pups. my '60s CV currently has a SD ssl-5/ssl-1/ssl-1 set.

20190911_073014.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM
    drewcp likes this.
  19. hodshonf

hodshonf Squier Talker

Dec 9, 2014
    costa mesa
    i totally agree - armchair factory guitar snobs.

-

ANOTHER 2019 spec that caught my eye was the

TALL/NARROW Frets

i have them on my 2018 American Pro Tele (which i put BK Piledrivers in - stock pups were not for me AT ALL) the frets are fantastic!

i'm excited to get this one.

BlueSquirrel and drewcp like this.
  20. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Nut

Apr 18, 2014
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    I’ve got 2 Ibanez and 1 Jackson that were made in Indonesia: no quality issues at all. And a Squier Deluxe Strat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice