No extra charge for neck cracks

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by blackspider57, May 17, 2018.

1. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Meister

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    A rather disappointing NGD.
    Thought I would try a Gretsch Jet Club.
    Really a very nice budget guitar, and on the first inspection, everything looked fine. But the moment I strummed my first G chord, I could feel something was amiss.

Looking closer, I saw this on both sides of the neck. Oh well, it was fun for a few moments. Back to the seller, it goes. By the way, it was triple boxed, so I do not think it happened in shipping.

Attached Files:

2. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Oops.

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Sucks. They get good reviews. I hope you get a chance to try another.

4. daan

daan Squier-Nut

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I saw a couple cracked guitars like that at GC the last time I was there. They did get whisked off the sales floor as soon as I pointed them out... one of them I really wanted, and was hoping to get a super deal on, I can glue it back together at home...
    That sucks about receiving a broken guitar, though... that’s why I had to institute my “no buying unless you can play it first” rule, cause I kept getting broken stuff in the mail :(

5. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-Meister

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Stuff happens. Even with the neck cracks, it plays great, and I will certainly get another. For a budget guitar, this is quite amazing. I had to laugh when the rep said to play the trumpet, much more durable and very few shipping issues :)