NGD v2.0 FFTH

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by ToneChaser77, Oct 31, 2019.

1. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Meister

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    I know I just had a NGD post yesterday but... I got home from work today to find this. Sunburst FFTH. Thank you guys for turning me on to them. I love it. Got to play it for a few minutes already and it plays and sound great. By the way mine came with an extra pickgaurd routed for a humbucker. I guess they want me to mod it.And best of all no sharp frets!
    20191031_154132.jpg 20191031_154138.jpg

dbrian66, Viking, radiotech and 4 others like this.
  2. Ducerro

Ducerro Squier Talker

Dec 6, 2018
    Yoakum, TX
    I have the Matte Black FFTH. Still trying to decide how far I want to take the mods.

3. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Meister

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    I am leaving mine alone for now but I am eventually going to wire up the extra pickgaurd with a humbucker. I'm thinking if I find someone who has upgraded their epiphone I can get a burstbucker or similar for cheap.

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  4. Ducerro

Ducerro Squier Talker

Dec 6, 2018
    Yoakum, TX
    I have the red pickguard on mine as well. It came with a black/white pickguard routed for a humbucker - which I assume is what you have too. I don't mind the neck pickup, but I've got ZERO love for the bridge pup - mine is ice pick sharp. I "think" I would prefer the black/white pickguard, but didn't really want a humbucker. Having said that, the red really looks nice (once you pull the plastic off).

I do NOT like the bridge plate - at all. So it's very high on my list of what I want to replace. Trying to decide if I want to stay all black or go with a chrome bridge plate. Not sure I'm liking my options if I go black.

I know a lot of reviews are suggesting the strings are D'ads because of the colored ball ends, but mine feel like they belong on a kids plastic guitar in the Walmart toy section.

5. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I’ve got the matte black FFTH, already has Wilkinson locking tuners from the original owner (trade), all stock otherwise. Only mod it will be getting is compensated saddles when I get a round to it. Great the way it is.

dbrian66 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice