NGD Telecaster

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fadetoz, Dec 7, 2019.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Same could be said for you Kenneth ;).
    I was hoping it was pine but it is alder. Alder is acceptable though. I don't know how much pine would change the tone. It's seems pretty light to me for alder. I guess it can go either way on weight on allot of woods. Not as light as pine (from my experience anyway). I don't know if it's just a mental thing but a relic style guitar usually feels comfortable to me. Like a warn in pair of jeans. The Fender MIM Vintage 50s neck is a great profile. I'll probably order another neck just like it for my Purple Cedar barn caster Telecaster too.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

True !

CVSteve likes this.
  3. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I see allot of relics and some look great and some look terrible. I have one that looks terrible. I did a relic job on a white one and realized it has that wood filler on the body so unless I do allot of sanding it will never look very good. It sounds amazing and feels great but the bare wood parts will never darken at all. That one I play but my plan is to get a LPB body and then sell the white body or make it a future project. The back had some more work done after this picture was taken. But you can see the issue.
    IMG_20191029_231814.jpg IMG_20191029_231940.jpg

4. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I have not had time to get a decent video done. Some sloppy playing is the best I have so far. You can get an idea of the sound anyway.

mimmo, surf green and ToneChaser77 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice