NGD- Tele BSB SE, 12 years old....not one of the new ones.

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by medicchief, Apr 23, 2019.

1. medicchief

medicchief Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2018
    WC Arkansas
    I'm over my little fit of frustration here (from a while back) and have come full circle back to owning another Squier. A few of you may remember that I had several really nice Squiers at one time, but sold them all and just started collecting a few Fender Strats (last picture). That said, I sold all of the Strats last fall and quit playing altogether. So here we go again....In my favorite local pawn shop today and noticed this "like new", '07 Affinity Tele (I believe it's an SE version). It may be a Chinese Squier, but I was blown away by the fit and finish, as well as how sweet the neck is. Also, the neck almost looks press fit into the pocket as well (better than any of my Strats, to include the 2 americans). The solid body is 3 piece and matched well. The only amp I have left is a Fender 25R, which I custom fit a 12" Jensen into. The guitar sounds good, even through the POS 25R! Oh well, hopefully my GAS attack was rare and I'll keep my current equipment investment under $100. Enough said, here's the old "beginners" Squier Tele and the last picture is of my near fatal Strat GAS attack.....lol
    IMG_2445.jpg IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2448.jpg IMG_2452.jpg IMG_1708.JPG

Caddy, txflood, SquierTap and 5 others like this.
  2. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    I normally dislike butterscotch color and butterscotch-esque colored guitars, but that looks really nice, especially with the black pickguard! Glad to hear you're back to playing guitar regardless of what brand or model it is. Have fun and HNGD!

SquierTap and medicchief like this.
  3. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    1 guy walks into a Pawn shop.....:rolleyes: LOL (For No reason at all...)
    That Tele was screaming at you you and You heard it. ! seems to me a rare occurrence. Well , welcome back ! :) I have a Top loader and before I took it apart thought it had Good resonance. I 'm leaving it that way. :)

medicchief and SquierTap like this.
  4. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Sweet playing guitar. I have a 2005 Affinity Tele.

Don't get lost again. The guitar world missed you.

5. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Nice looking Tele. Congrats!

6. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
  7. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
  8. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    Nice... Congratulations

I have no idea what a Special Edition is, because all BSB Affinity teles I have seen so far have that designation (because of colour code 550 which is given to all "special" colours).

medicchief, drewcp and SquierTap like this.
  9. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Welcome back, hoss... Yeah, that Tele would be hard to walk away from... I'm honestly gettin to the point where I believe the MAIN difference between Fenders and Squiers isn't the money... It's about 90% what's between your ears, lol...
    :)

Caddy, medicchief and nicod98 like this.
  10. medicchief

medicchief Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2018
    WC Arkansas
    You are correct, all of the BSB Tele's were considered SE's due to the 3 piece body and finish. It may be a beginners guitar, but I got lucky and found nice, resonant one. Neck doesn't have a single issue. I've heard of some 3 piece bodies being poorly matched, which isn't the case with mine.

Caddy likes this.
  11. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Hard to beat a Tele! Congrats! Looks great!

medicchief likes this.
  12. Old Man

Old Man Squier-Nut

Jan 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Looks sweet, congrats.

Mike

medicchief likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice