NGD: Stratocaster Deluxe (answering my poll)

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by StevieRayFan, May 13, 2020.

1. StevieRayFan

StevieRayFan Squier-Meister

Apr 25, 2020
    Seattle, WA
    When I saw the ad I thought that mint pickguard has to go. Now that it's here, that mint pickguard is here to stay. You're so right brother.

2. Arch Angel

Arch Angel Squier Talker

Apr 27, 2020
    Oklahoma
    I’m glad you got it man and that you’re excited!
    I was watching it but It looked like there was a crack where the body met the neck in one of the pics and when I asked for more well lit pics of both sides of the area I got one new pic Of the opposite area I wanted and one that was already in the Group
    Of 12 pics. Enjoy brother!

3. StevieRayFan

Apr 25, 2020
    Seattle, WA
    Was that you bidding against me in the last 30 seconds? It jumped about a hundred bucks in the last minute, $80 in the final 30 seconds. The other bidder was relentless.

Black Strat likes this.
  4. wade-19

wade-19 Squier-Meister

Jan 26, 2015
    St.Louis
    The biding was that intense on it ? I may need to list mine !

Black Strat likes this.
  5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I did some research on the going rate on these and what you paid. I didn't know they were selling for that much. I thought you overpaid until I did my research. After looking things up, I think you did alright. I'm spoiled with 200-300 CVs here all the time, which I prefer, so that's usually where my money goes, but those Deluxes are definitely nice guitars.

Black Strat likes this.
  6. StevieRayFan

Apr 25, 2020
    Seattle, WA
    Truth be told I was resigned to the fact I'd overpaid until I ran my hands up and down the neck and it was as smoother or smoother than any Corona built Fender I own, the frets were bedded as though they were one with the neck. The instrument itself has more range than most of the Squiers in my collection, which is to say if I had the chops I could put together a few passable measures of Howard Roberts type ES-150-ish sound with the neck pickup, the other direction to the bridge with Led Zeppelin-ish crunch power chords, and then a happy middle ground like Robert Cray's 'Smoking Gun'. This guitar can do that without even breaking a sweat. Me, on the other hand, my palms sweat just thinking of it.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 1:05 AM
    waynes world, Black Strat and drewcp like this.
  7. Arch Angel

Arch Angel Squier Talker

Apr 27, 2020
    Oklahoma
    No sir I never ended up bidding at all because of not having confindence in knowing what I was buying so I passed on it. I’m glad you got it brother! :)

8. Black Strat

Black Strat Squier-Nut

Nov 30, 2014
    Virginia
    I think your due for a Tele thinline!

StevieRayFan likes this.
  9. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier Talker

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Congratulations, glad your happy with your purchase.

StevieRayFan likes this.
  10. StevieRayFan

Apr 25, 2020
    Seattle, WA
    I've lost my sofa to guitars and am at risk of losing my bed. I would like just one for those warm tones though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice