NGD...Squier Affinity Duo Sonic...

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by D_Rad, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Squireitup

Squireitup Squier-Meister

May 8, 2016
    Berkshire county mass
    How do u build a pedal into a guitar. That an idea iv always wanted to try so u could plug headphones straight in. A delisle furrel bar? Is that a brand or? Only reason I ask is cuz that's my last name

2. spellcaster

spellcaster Squier-Meister

Nov 25, 2010
    Duncan, BC Canada
    The pedal installation was a challenge. I remoted the controls and sliced off the top of the pedal body, at a height that let the stomp switch be accessible through the pickguard. (I used a Tele pickup switch tip on the stomp switch). I built in a charging jack , a charging mode switch, and a lithium 9 Volt battery. When the battery's charging, the guitar can be played passively. Keep in mind, if you want to be able to plug headphones straight into the guitar, you'll need one of those mini-amps that Artec builds with a tiny circuit board side-mounted to a pot, and you'll need a separate output jack .

[​IMG]

The DeLisle ferrule blocks come in steel or brass, and they flush-mount into the back. I used to use Taipan Tonebars, but Vince seems to be gone. The DeLisle bars seem to be very similar and good quality.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. spyhawk36

spyhawk36 Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2011
    Detroit
    How did you make the bridge into a 6 saddle? I like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice