NGD - Partscaster

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by woolbrig, May 18, 2019.

1. woolbrig

woolbrig Squier-holic

Apr 16, 2010
    Bethalto, IL
    I haven't had much time lately to work the projects I've started, but I did manage to finish this one. I really like Candy Apple Red, but is seems every time I get one seems I end up selling it. Thought I would try again :).

It's a Squier Standard body/neck (different guitars) and some alnico 5 P90s. Just a standard wiring with a 3-way switch. Just being a basement player, I decided to the cheap route with the pickups and bought a pair from Guitar Parts Zone for $37. They pickups sound good to me. They are not as bright as the single coils and break up a little quicker. This is my first set of P90s so still getting the feel for the sound.

The maple on the neck is a little light for my taste, so it may get the shoe polish treatment.
    Standard-Partscaster2.jpg Standard-Partscaster1.jpg Standard-Partscaster3.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Exhead, daan, cool gouhl and 10 others like this.
  2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    that's really cool - I like how you worked in the black headstock neck w/ the CAR body by going w/ black pg/plastics -- looks great!

3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    Great looking guitar, nice job.

4. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
  5. DJGranite

DJGranite Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2012
    maine
  6. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

That looks real nice ! ! Congrats ! !

7. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Looks like a Hot Rod!..
    Tint the neck and it will be perfect..
    Congrats on a nice build..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice