NGD - Partscaster

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by TomL, May 13, 2019.

1. TomL

TomL Squier-holic

77D95A5A-0375-4E32-8358-FA2BE8C558E6.jpeg So, because I’m not keen on the roller nut, want a white/cream pickguard and don’t like the various black hardware, I thought rather than buying them individually, why look out for a cheap second hand Strat - something like an affinity, where I can use the neck, pickguard, straplocks etc (I’ll be changing the tuners (on further play, those fake Fenders are ropey), pickups/electrics anyway.

The very first place, I went into - Harley Benton Strat (quality wise pretty similar to an Affinity Squier). Just a boring/common black body with white pickguard. Fully working, a few gunky stickers on the fretboard to clean off. Perfect donor guitar. £20.

So I’ll switch the necks, pickguard and electrics. The tort pickguard on Black body should look nice, and the various black hardware will match the guitar. And then I can sell the black one on!

2. TomL

TomL Squier-holic

14D7F977-9938-4CB1-A7A0-2D7901ED9078.jpeg A6680A6E-6411-455E-87B4-683BA4FC34BA.jpeg 77566017-191E-4EAC-9A81-505563E5DDA2.jpeg 98CD4B03-713E-4C82-BBBC-854FBAF37011.jpeg Black Partscaster all assembled, working, and out for sale.

3. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    You should remove the fake/counterfeit logos & serial number if you're selling it. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to sell that here in the US. I'm not sure what the laws are where you live though.

TomL likes this.
  4. TomL

TomL Squier-holic

Yeah. I’m not showing or mentioning them on the ad, but I have specified that it’s not a Fender.

5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Again, I can't comment on the legality of that where you live, but here in the states the law is not limited to how it is advertised. It would be illegal to sell it
    Full Stop

TomL likes this.
  6. TomL

TomL Squier-holic

I’m not sure, but I know the counterfeits aren’t very popular officially, so it may well be similar.
    Thanks, it’s probably best to err on the side of caution. It can’t do any harm. I’ll break out the sandpaper and lacquer tomorrow before I put it up for sale.

7. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just making sure you’re armed with as much info as possible.

TomL likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice