NGD & NPD together Firefly & Cacti

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by mdparent03, Apr 11, 2019.

1. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    If it weren't for visiting this great site so much, I would not have even seen these two great deals. I finally pulled the trigger on one of those Firefly 335 guitars in the blue and a Crazy Cacti pedal. Both are great deals. Both have been reviewed so many times that I don't really think I need to talk about them. I'm just sharing here. They are exactly what the reviews say they are. Cleaning up the guitar and changing strings on it. Will play with both for a couple days and see how I like them. I didn't get a chance to take a pic of my pedal but here is the new guitar right out of the box.
    IMG_20190410_181940.jpg

2. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Been playing both of these all week long. I changed strings and polished frets and took off the pick guard. The tuners are crap and will be the first thing changed. Sounds and plays very good. I like it a lot for my first semi hollow body guitar. It is going to stay. The cacti pedal is amazing. So much tone from such a minor investment. This one will be staying as well.
    IMG_20190414_183303.jpg IMG_20190414_183255.jpg

3. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Looking great, Mk!
    Glad you are getting a lot of enjoyment out of both.

mdparent03 likes this.
  4. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    They look nice, enjoy!

mdparent03 likes this.
  5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Congrats on both! Glad you're happy, hoss... That Firefly is just gorgeous... Either you got one that's exceptionally beautiful, or I haven't been payin enough attention, cause I never noticed they were translucent... But, either way, the Firefly you caught gave me GAS, lol...
    It COULD be because the wife told me on the next payday I can finally get that semi-hollow Tele with the translucent finish and the P-90s that I've had my eye on for a while... That's my "dream" cheap guitar, lol...
    I love how right under the tailpiece of your's, it almost looks "wavy"...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    ElRey67 and mdparent03 like this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Oh, and my wife got me that poster as a stocking stuffer last Christmas, lol... But I haven't gotten around to taking the plastic off... So, I saw the letters, but had no idea there was a guitar on it! Lol... Think I'll have to hang it up tomorrow...

ElRey67 and mdparent03 like this.
  7. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    I’ve been on the fence between one of those fireflies, or just springing for an Epiphone. What else other than the tuners do think will need replacement?

SquierTap and mdparent03 like this.
  8. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    What is the Crazy Cacti pedal?

9. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Never mind, I did a few searchs.

Interesting pedal...

10. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    The tuners are really only the bad thing on these for functionality. I might change the bridge for a roller one later but not right away. I might change the knobs just for looks but that is it. Overall it is a very well put together budget guitar.

SquierTap likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice