NGD..... nice older Takamine Jasmine :)

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fattboyzz, Jun 13, 2018.

1. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    2018-06-13 10.36.29.jpg This is an older mid 90s model ES95c acoustic electric.

I spotted it at a local pawn shop a while back and put a few dollars down on it, dropped by a couple times and gave the a few bucks again ,then picked it up the other day :) ... It came with an older hardshell Takamine case that's like new inside, but a tad rough outside. I cleaned up and conditioned the fretboard real good ,polished the frets , put new oxbone nut and bridge in and a new set of Ernie Ball super slnky 8s on it. It had 9s on it and the neck was just slightly pulled up ,making the action a little high, but putting the 8s on and giving it a lil time has brought it to just about perfect and there are no buzzes to be found :0)

It's not perfect and has a few places on it ,but it sounds great and the neck plays almost like my Strats .

It has a deep charcoal colored quilted pattern ghosted into the front and back. Nearly unnoticeable till you are right up on it . IMG_20180613_094043.jpg IMG_20180613_094241.jpg

otisblove, vlxerdon, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  2. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Very nice! I liked these when they are new, now I think they are getting passed over at times so we get to score a deal. Very cool!

3. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Beautiful !!!

dbrian66 and fattboyzz like this.
  5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Nut

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    The crazy part is ,this is a thin line guitar and a Strat fits in the case very nicely too .

dbrian66 and so1om like this.
  6. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
    Nice find.

I did a setup on one of these not too long ago for a friend of ours.

fattboyzz and dbrian66 like this.