NGD..... nice older Takamine Jasmine :)

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fattboyzz, Jun 13, 2018.

1. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    2018-06-13 10.36.29.jpg This is an older mid 90s model ES95c acoustic electric.

I spotted it at a local pawn shop a while back and put a few dollars down on it, dropped by a couple times and gave the a few bucks again ,then picked it up the other day :) ... It came with an older hardshell Takamine case that's like new inside, but a tad rough outside. I cleaned up and conditioned the fretboard real good ,polished the frets , put new oxbone nut and bridge in and a new set of Ernie Ball super slnky 8s on it. It had 9s on it and the neck was just slightly pulled up ,making the action a little high, but putting the 8s on and giving it a lil time has brought it to just about perfect and there are no buzzes to be found :0)

It's not perfect and has a few places on it ,but it sounds great and the neck plays almost like my Strats .

It has a deep charcoal colored quilted pattern ghosted into the front and back. Nearly unnoticeable till you are right up on it . IMG_20180613_094043.jpg IMG_20180613_094241.jpg

otisblove, vlxerdon, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  2. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Very nice! I liked these when they are new, now I think they are getting passed over at times so we get to score a deal. Very cool!

3. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Beautiful !!!

dbrian66 and fattboyzz like this.
  5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    The crazy part is ,this is a thin line guitar and a Strat fits in the case very nicely too .

dbrian66 and so1om like this.
  6. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
    Nice find.

I did a setup on one of these not too long ago for a friend of ours.

fattboyzz and dbrian66 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice