NGD LPB FSR DUO

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by mdparent03, Aug 7, 2019.

1. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Got it today and have spent only about 2 hours with it so far. A brand new Duo Sonic HS in the Lake Placid Blue. A few imperfections like a couple spots of left over polishing compound and a couple indents on the back but over all a very good, quality build.
    IMG_20190807_192200.jpg

2. snivlem

snivlem Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2018
    FL
    Mine of the same ilk is one of my go-to guitars....HNGD!!!
    [​IMG]

3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  4. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    After a couple of hours on it there are a few things I don't like but mostly thinking this is going to stay. One thing that is really bugging me is the gigantic chrome switch tip. The location and size really gets in the way. Might look into a LP style smaller one.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  5. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Give it a week. You may get used to the switch (and maybe not). It took me a bit of time to find the sweet spot of tone, as the controls are quite sensitive. I've had mine for six months and enjoy it very much.
    Congratulations on your NGD!!!

mdparent03 and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  6. Put one of these on … overcome your anxiety :D

Throw Switch.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

drewcp, mdparent03, Big tuna and 2 others like this.
  7. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
  8. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Very nice.

mdparent03 likes this.
  9. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    HNGD. I really like the 24" scale Duo's Mustangs and Jaguars.

mdparent03 likes this.
  10. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Love the color enjoy!

mdparent03 likes this.
  11. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
    Not sure how I missed this thread yesterday but beautiful guitar and congrats. They both look awesome.

mdparent03 likes this.
  12. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    Thanks everybody. I do like it alot but just not loving it yet. A couple things I didn't know about this model was that the neck has gloss finish on the front but a satin finish on the back. The body is thinner like an Affinity strat. Neither of those things are deal breakers for me but just an observation that I don't think were mentioned anywhere. I already did my first mods to it which were to switch out the string tree to a Tusq and the strap buttons to the larger mushroom style. The action from the factory was too low for my liking and buzzed in a few spots. The pickup heights were almost touching the strings. So after the initial setup, it plays much better. Going to play with it for a couple weeks and see how it goes.

MrYeats likes this.
  13. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Yeah, a full size "standard" Stratocaster is normally 1.75 inches (around 44mm)
    A Duo-Sonic will be 1.5 inches (appr. 38mm)

mdparent03 likes this.
  14. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Every NGD, is like a first date.
    Sometimes first impressions are correct, sometimes not. Every guitar will reveal it's true personality in time, and then you will know if it's right for you. The Duo-sonic is an interesting hybrid somewhere in between a strat and tele. Not for everyone, but like goldilocks famously once said: "just right for me".

mdparent03 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice