NGD CV Custom

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Hellbilly Mike, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Hellbilly Mike

Hellbilly Mike Squier Talker

Dec 21, 2009
    Colorado Springs Colorado
    Well I picked up my CV Custom yesterday, so far I love it. Thought I might have some issues with the neck, but thus far I really like it. I haven't even put on the set of 10's that I picked up with it. Starting off I have to say this guitar is gorgeous, and well built. Plays really nice and I love the tone. The neck pickup is amazing makes me feel like my others should be converted to esquires. I have the CV '50s so I felt this one had a lot to live up to, I'll tell ya I have no disappointment what-so-ever thus far. If you are on the fence on getting one of these, do it. If you get a bad one most places have good return policies, or if you don't like the neck then replace it and I think you would still have more guitar than you have money into it.

2. meikol

meikol Squier Talker

Dec 21, 2009
    Los Angeles
  3. peskypesky

peskypesky -----------

Dec 19, 2009
    NYC
  4. Hellbilly Mike

Hellbilly Mike Squier Talker

Dec 21, 2009
    Colorado Springs Colorado
    I will post pics this weekend my camera is trapped @ work and they closed the shop till saturday.

5. peskypesky

peskypesky -----------

Dec 19, 2009
    NYC
  6. jrich99

jrich99 Squier-Meister

Dec 17, 2009
    AZ
    I can't wait to go try one of these. I am hoping I will win the one in the tdpri build challenge, but that's a long shot. We'll see.

7. G-man54

G-man54 Squier Talker

Mar 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Two weeks ago I spied one of these in Allen Park, MI and wouldn't even allow myself to take it off the rack because I knew I'd buy it.
    Deciding to sleep on it, lousy weather coupled with an already long commute prevented me from getting back there until yesterday.

I tried to resist temptation but my car had a mind of its own and I went to the dealer. To my dismay (and relief) it had sold in the intervening weeks. They had an equally sweet CV Thinline in its place on the wall hanger but I took that as a sign that it wasn't meant to be (for the time being, anyway).

They really hit one out of the park with this one, imho. Still loving my CV 50's Tele that I got a couple months back. It's been my go-to guitar since I got it, but I'm so fickle I wanted a 'divorce' as soon as I saw the Customs. Anyway, looking forward to snagging one of these but until then I have to keep assurring myself that Squier/Fender is going to be making them for awhile. Hopefully they're around a little longer than the Pro-Tones were back in the 90's.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  8. Bullitt

Bullitt Squier-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Mooresville,In
    Maybe the next line will be some kind of an Esqiuer.

9. adamjn

adamjn Squier-Meister

Jan 13, 2010
    Toms River, NJ
    I bought my CV Custom last Monday (I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen). It took me about 45 minutes going back and forth between the the Custom and the Thinline, but the Custom's beefier low end did it for me. Since last Monday, I've practiced on it, taught lessons on it, did a rehearsal, and played three gigs with it. This is the most amazing guitar! Neck pickup is warm and rich, bridge pickup has twang for days. I'm truly blown away by the quality of this instrument.

So...before they raise the price, go get one!

10. Strat-Man-Do

Strat-Man-Do Squier Talker

Mar 12, 2010
    New-Haven
    Congrads Bro, I dig the heck out of mine.

11. Strat-Man-Do

Strat-Man-Do Squier Talker

Mar 12, 2010
    New-Haven
    CV-60 Custom Telecaster

BTW Mike you'll probly need to adjust the TR on the neck and adjust the saddle heights etc and then intonation.

But I have the 60 and 50 Tele and on both [from different shops] the TRs were slack on both. Yes they were totally loose and needed to be correctly adjusted. I would check all this out for sure.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice