NGD- Classic Vibe 70s Strat

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by DougMen, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:18 PM.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    So, after posting in another thread how much this guitar disappointed me, I went back and bought it! I went to buy a pedal I had seen, the Eno Bluish, which is supposed to be a Boss BD2 clone, and I decided to give the CV Strat another chance, and I loved the way it played and the pickups sounded fabulous! But, it's still more a VM than a CV, but I always liked the VM neck better than the CV neck (gloss finish but not tinted and a bit beefier than the Chinese CV necks, and big headstock), and they've fixed the too wide VM bridge, which was my major complaint about the VM. It needed some tweaking after I got it home. When I adjusted the claw to float the bridge it was buzzing on the low frets. I thought maybe the nut was cut too deep, but I saw that it had some backbow, and after loosening the truss rod the buzz went away. And I lowered the pickups 'cause they were too high, and put a fresh set of Super Slinkys on it, and now it plays and sounds like a dream. And I dig these pickups even more than the Tonerider sourced ones on the Chinese CV Strats. It stays in tune even with a new set of strings, so the tuners are good quality too. I'm a happy camper! And they gave me the guitar (normally $350), the pedal (normally $45), a Fender gigbag ($30 at SW), and the EB SS strings ($6), which would have totaled about $450 including tax, for $388 out the door. 101_0382.JPG

Shaytan, Best1989, ZZ Not and 4 others like this.
  2. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Right Arm! Give us a clip!

3. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Meister

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    Nice HNGD I agree totally on the necks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice